Dump valve 2004r

If I was sensitive, my reply would look like this ^^^^^
Telling somebody they are pissing in the wind is out of line and has nothing to do with an opinion, I am calling it out for what it is. It is that kind of crap and lack of decorum that stifles the board and good discussion. Many do not participate for that very reason.
Let's see if you can apologize for an out of line offensive statement, or just walk away. The technical merit is something totally different.
Dont bring in other board members pretending they you have the heartbeat of the board
You feel offended apparently
That's on you I am not trying to offend and pissing in the wind is an old school statement along with others of that nature.
Been using it for years and others use it around me too.
Time get thicker skin.

There should be no need for a dump valve behind a Turbobuick. It's just a matter of putting the right converter behind it. These cars have tremendous low-end torque and when you're spooling on the line you just need it loose enough to catch some of that torque and then watch the boost rise. A Dump valve started out as a way for these small cubic inch motors with very large turbos to get into that long-winded torque curve and build boost.

In your early posts you say no more drag strips. For that reason alone I can't imagine why you would think you need a dump valve. I have the same combo as you and any converter I have put behind it spools just fine. I think you're just over thinking on this one.

There should be no need for a dump valve behind a Turbobuick. It's just a matter of putting the right converter behind it. These cars have tremendous low-end torque and when you're spooling on the line you just need it loose enough to catch some of that torque and then watch the boost rise. A Dump valve started out as a way for these small cubic inch motors with very large turbos to get into that long-winded torque curve and build boost.

In your early posts you say no more drag strips. For that reason alone I can't imagine why you would think you need a dump valve. I have the same combo as you and any converter I have put behind it spools just fine. I think you're just over thinking on this one.

Over think is what I do!
I am known for it!
Everyone says I'm anal. To me that is short for analyze! I take it as a complement!
I don't want it to be soggy on the bottom, just in case I need to light it off thru the intersection. Whose convertor do you run?
Ever had your combo on the dragstrip?
My last street sleeper 68 Nova ran 9.68@ 141 on its only dragstrip pass, no roll bar ya know! The tech guy thought it might run low 12s, if I was lucky. That was 2003 on street tires and mufflers. I don't believe in luck, I believe in preparation.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!😀
TIMINATOR
BTW, where are you? I'm in Phoenix,Az.

Over think is what I do!
I am known for it!
Everyone says I'm anal. To me that is short for analyze! I take it as a complement!
I don't want it to be soggy on the bottom, just in case I need to light it off thru the intersection. Whose convertor do you run?
Ever had your combo on the dragstrip?
My last street sleeper 68 Nova ran 9.68@ 141 on its only dragstrip pass, no roll bar ya know! The tech guy thought it might run low 12s, if I was lucky. That was 2003 on street tires and mufflers. I don't believe in luck, I believe in preparation.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!😀
TIMINATOR
BTW, where are you? I'm in Phoenix,Az.

I have a cheap 10" torque converter (but spec'd right). The car has just run 10.91 at 124 and also ran 126 on a different pass. I didn't notice if you had heads and cam but that was a big improvement on mine. When I'm driving around at low RPM I can feel all the torque just sitting there ready to hit with any more throttle.

Whose cheap 10" convertor? Lock up or not? I have 212/212 ,537/.537 roller, ported irons, and intake, 65mm tb, big doghouse, rjc plate, etc.
TIMINATOR

Whose cheap 10" convertor? Lock up or not? I have 212/212 ,537/.537 roller, ported irons, and intake, 65mm tb, big doghouse, rjc plate, etc.
TIMINATOR

It's from a company called Transmission Specialties. I use to work there and spec converters for many years. I recently loosened it up and made some changes with another company called Pats Performance which has been around a long time. It's your standard 245mm 10" that most companies can offer. If you have an interest I would be glad to set you up with my guy and he can duplicate it. Just PM me. It clearly works.
Your combo should run 10's as you have all the same stuff as me. I have a 210-215 .516/.516 cam from Full Throttle. It's a bad ass cam and pulls really hard to 6k. I also have Champion Irons, Intake, big plenum, and 65mm TB. I have Alky and make 25 psi. Leaving at 8 psi 10.91 and I promise there are 2-3 tenths left just from launching and weather. I have a video below

COOL! Alky spray or alky fuel?
SLIC? Tires? Size?
623-877-8553 TIMM
call anytime 10 til 10! MST Phx,az.
I see you have a stock rear suspension. I don't. My setup gets good chassis separation on launch. I can tell ya how.
When I got mine it had the stiffest rear shocks I have seen! Obviously to control the squat. Thats the wrong approach, it acts like a solid axle deal. The entire car should rise on the launch. I have other chassis posts and pics, so you can see how it works.
Thanks for the insight! Nice ride! I hope to have mine running like that soon!
TIMINATOR

What do you mean alky spray or Fuel? I think you mean 50/50 mix vs full Meth. I run M1 full meth. PTESLIC and bald 275/60's.

Gasoline fuel with alky spray, or alky fuel? 275/60 drag radials bald?
What brand is the best tire? What is everyone using?
I have 16" GNX repro wheels.
TIMINATOR