Dumb Question Of The Day

Maybe your car has been modified? Mine has a badge on the deck lid that says "3.8 SFI Turbo". That pretty much says it all! :smile:

Ormand said:
Maybe your car has been modified? Mine has a badge on the deck lid that says "3.8 SFI Turbo". That pretty much says it all! :smile:

GN's dont have that on the trunk. Maybe his hood nameplates are missing?

The M usually stands for multiport, so technically, you have mfi, too.

Throttle Body fuel injection is the opposite of Multiport.

Batch is the opposite of Sequential. The early Mfi cars were batch.

I'll go with "both".

UNGN said:

I'll go with "both".
Our cars are Batch, then Sequential, muliport fuel injection then right?

UNGN said:

I'll go with "both".

Wrong.

MFI (reffered to also as MPI) or multiport fuel injection fires pairs or groups of injectors at once (as a batch), which is the opposite of SFI or sequential fuel injection.

dhjenkins said:
Wrong.

MFI (reffered to also as MPI) or multiport fuel injection fires pairs or groups of injectors at once (as a batch), which is the opposite of SFI or sequential fuel injection.

One more time.

Multiport Fuel injection is injectors at the ports instead of a throttle body.

Buick may have been batch, but other mfg's multiport fuel injection was sequential. This is why there is such a thing as "sequential multiport fuel injection".

When buick switched to Sequential from batch, they differentiated it by calling it sequential.

It still was multiport.

As what was pointed out to me on the other board sequential refers to the timing of the injector and not the firing of the injector. In other words the injectors open at a certain crankshaft angle for the individual cylinder. I think I worded that right?