Dual Radiator Fans

dont think anyone else has them. gbodyparts carries the one everyone here runs on there car. its the same fans ramcharger use to sale.

I've heard great things about the dual 11" spal fans. I have the 12" fans on my race car and I will absolutely use the 11"s when the time comes. Hopefully someone with some buick experience can chime in...

No offense to any vendors, but this is my experience..

I have had 2 sets of the "Ramchargers" fans
1st set pass side motor started to squeal and then died
Next set bought the Caspers harness to fix reason why other set died due to supposed voltage problem well guess what....
2nd set the drivers side fan started squealing and now its dead.

So dont waste your time IMO.
My car gets drove all the time/DD to the max. So a show car/garage queen, strip car the fans would probably last.
DD NO

Im looking at the Spals that Hartline has.

Rumor was the ramcharger fans sold by the dealers were faulty, and were sold to aftermarkets dealers for a song and dance because they new they were crap. I have heard horror stories about the ramcharger fans....

Nasty, sorry to hear yours didn't last. I bought the ramchargers fans when they first came out (can't remember what year would have to check receipt) anyways mine have been working great. I also run the caspers harness like you do. Anyways I love my set but maybe io just got lucky

yeah they are for an intrepid.

Im not using em again. Price have vested now with two sets tits up....could of had some Spals:mad:

Most hardware stores around here carry aluminum strap...it's very easy to bend and cut your own mounts up. You could use the stock brackets and make up some add-ons to mount the spal fans. I use the dual 12" fans on my race car 12.5:1 compression BBC and it stays right at 180* except at the end of a pass the temp climbs to 190* and then back to 180* by the time I hit the time slip booth. As soon as I can afford it I'm going to get the dual 11"s for my Buick!!

I have been thru 2 Ramcharger fans as well.
I replaced the last set with a dual fan lifted from a 98 Olds Cutlass in the junkyard. Same dimensions and has performed great.

If you go to the spal website they give the diminsions of the fan assembly. Don't get any better than that, since you can do your own checking on your car and determine if it will work..

anyone run the spals w/ a fmic just wondering about the clearance with the pipes?

I also have a PTE front mount and Spals...I have about an inch of clearance between the fan motor and turbo outlet pipe. Keep in mind I'm running an F body radiator which is thinner than a stock radiator, which will give a little more clearance. Also my fans are mounted offset to the left and down so it's not sitting exactly centered on the radiator.

I have not had any cooling problems set up like this. Sitting in traffic on a 90 degree day the temps will not get over 175.

Does anybody have the dual fans for turbobuicks, I know Gbodyparts has it but does anybody else.

I've read that the fans from a late model F body will fit and work very well. Caspers electronics even has the harness to plug into our cars.