Dual maplight mirror install ?'s...

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Got a hold of a daul map light rear view mirror for my t-topped GN. Anybody have the wiring directions to one of these puppies? I could wire it up fairly easily for just power, but would like it to be full function, i.e. come on when the "dome" lights do, etc...

Thanks,

I build the harnesses for Kirban, they have three wires. One ground and two orange wires. I think you pull the wiring thru to the left side windshield pillar, then attach to the orange wires that go to the rear interior light in the back...the wiring has a hot at all times, and hot when the door is opened. The mirror needs the ground connection to function properly.
-John
http://www.casperselectronics.com

Hey, thanks John! But next time, answer a little quicker, would ya?! ;)

Hey Jay, you can pick up juice under the center moulding of your TTop. Orange and white wire joined together. The orange wire is your everhot wire. The white side is one ground you connect to (lites mirror when you open the door) and the remaining lead from the mirror, ground somewhere else. That's for the switches on the mirror.

Jay,

"Ditto" on what Red Regal stated. I know because I bought one from him and followed the exact directions. Works great.

Cool, thanks for the info, Gentlemen! This may be an afternoon project for tomorrow! Jay

Jay I'll give you an hour and a half for that job. Realistically. ;)
Only a coupla wires to splice the rest is screw in stuff.

Took me 4 hours for your throttle body, plenum, and race jace plate. Then again I had it modified almost two years ago. :D

Had to swap out all the housings and make a gasket too.

Good luck with your install. :)

I have another one now to send back to you for modifying so I can put it on the GN.

Salvage... just drop me a line when you're ready! Thanks all! Jay