Dual fans off / on temps ?

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
So I have dual fans coming in and have the Dakota Digital fan controller, I can set my off on temps for both fans wherever I want them and was wondering what's a good off and on temp for each fan ? I have a 160 thermostat and this will be a driver / cruiser not a track car, it will see outside temps somewhere between 40-100 degrees.

My alrads come on when the car gets up to temp at 160. One comes on then the other about 20 seconds later until the temp goes back to 160, then they turn off. They work great and really helped with the temps running high, very good upgrade with great results for me anyway.

My alrads come on when the car gets up to temp at 160. One comes on then the other about 20 seconds later until the temp goes back to 160, then they turn off. They work great and really helped with the temps running high, very good upgrade with great results for me anyway.

Would you mind explaining what you are using to measure temperature & control the fans?

Thank you.

All i use is the coolant temp gauge, the fans are controlled automatically from the ecm. Alrad are plug and play,easy.

Hmmm... I have the same set-up.

Mine doesn't operate like that though. Only one fan operates & cycles on at about 165-167 degrees. My A/C is low on freon so the compressor clutch will no longer engage & start the second fan.

JM, you may be correct about that. I just thought it was operated by the ecm,it could be the ac clutch but my ac isn't cold and mine still comes on a few seconds after the first one. These cars, never a dull moment with them. Truth be told I'm just happy they both work and cool the engine.

Yes... There's always something.

I'd like to learn an easy way to make both fans run at the same time.

I do seem to recall reading a thread from someone who just had them hooked up to switches. Turn off and on whenever you want?

Hmmm.......I've got Ramchargers Dual Fans c/w Caspers Plug N Play wiring harness installed on my car. When the fans turn on....they both run, albeit a slight delay for the second fan to kick in so it doesn't overload the system at start up.

I'm runing my off my sd2 chip they come on at 185.i run E85 so I like my motor Alil warmer then if I was runing gas .