dual breather valve covers

tta583

I just picked up a set of 3.0 FWD valve covers that I am going to put on my car. Yes, I got 2 "front" covers so each has a hole for the filler cap. Any way, what did those that have these do for breathers? I have seen the set up on John's Performace, the billet adapter and push in breather. I am also looking at having a tube welded into the hole so I can use a clamp on breather. Thoughts? Has anyone seen issues with oil burping out of the cover hole once you give the motor some room to breath? I was leaning toward welding in tubes so that I can get a long run that could help avaid any oil leaking out of the filter.

Also, what did you do with the holes on the ends of the covers. The other benefit to having tubes welded in is that I can have block offs welded in at the same time.

Brent

Also, what did you do with the holes on the ends of the covers

Ya got the wrong covers...You should have gotten the covers with the hole above the oil fill cap..much easier..ohh well..

I have KN breathers on those holes mounted to some "HELP" rubber elbows I got from autozone.

I did not want the ones with the holes on the "top" of the cover facing the intake. I opted for a set with the holes on the end for a cleaner overall look. I could block the holes on the ends and have them hidden by the firewall on the drivers side and the turbo on the pass.

My stock cover has the elbo and little breather. I assume you are both running oil fill caps and small breathers on each side?

Anyone using breathers in the oil fill holes?

Brent

valve cover end hole

I have one of the valve covers with the hole at the end of the cover. You can plug it w/the same size plug as our rearends use. I just happened to have an extra and was curious one day and it turns out it fits perfectly. Of course I don't have it on yet, I'm going to get it bead blasted first for a clean look.

Ken

The plug from the rear fits? Imagine that. I will keep that in mind, thanks! I am thinking about having tubes welded in to the oil filler holes to give a lip for a clamp on breather. I was going to have the holes welded up at that time but if I take anotehr path a set of plugs may fit the bill.

Any one had any issues with oil burbing up for those with dual breathers?

Brent