Drove a 2007 Z06, not sure if I have enough!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
WOW, I work at a high-end, used car lot up here in Red Deer. We just received a 2007 Corvette Z06 6-speed, 2400KMS. Needed fuel (Of course I volunteered! LOL)

Now, I haven't had my buick to the track since the build, but using the scientific "seat of my pants" measuring system, I don't think I have enough to keep up. This car is an absolute beast!!

I've driven an '03 Viper, '05 SRT 10 regular cab truck, fully built GMC Typhoon, and lots of other fast, (but not as fast as these) cars... I really think I'll take out these guys, but not this Vette.

Pretty fun day!

Has anyone here lined up against a Z06 and won? Like to know what it takes against these guys.

Tom

Need to go faster than 12.2 in the quarter, forget about a road course. Lots of guys here are faster than 12.2 : )

I put 1500 miles on one last summer, 2nd gear i was at 125 to 130 before i went into 3rd, yup pulls hard but your also real low to the ground, If i had some good shoes on my buick id take one knowing im into the 11's...how much so I cant say.

C6 ZO6's run mid-low 11's bone stock. 120+ trap speed. need to be quite a bit faster than 12.2 to beat one of these. 505hp and 31xx pounds makes for quite the beast! couldn't find the video, but its on streetfire somewhere, with a damn good driver and drag radials, (bone stock otherwise), C6 Z06 ran a 10.85. :-O

It aint the car. It's the driver. I'd be asking myself how fast the Z06 is with the average driver. You know granny shifts,missed gears and tons of wheel spin. Most of the Vette guys I see cant even drive an automatic let alone a 6-speed. Get one on a holeshot and you have the race wrapped up IMO.

I have seen 3 06 Z06's run. The highest trap speed I saw was 118. 12.40 something ET. I saw each car make several passes. I have seen stock 04 Z06's run 12.00@117 or so. So I know it is the driver in the case of the slow numbers on the 06 Z06.

A kid with a brand new z06 lined up with me last year at the track. I smoked him out the hole with a 1.62 60ft. He spun with a 2.3 60ft then he came blazing by me and went a 12.0 @ 122 mph! I went an 11.80 at 111. :mad:

That was with my old engine and small turbo..I got something for him this year.:cool:

11.97 at 118.80
Bone stock but like everyone said, put A DIMWIT behind the wheel and mid 14...lol

Id still line one up just for chitz and giggles...um at the track of course, no more street racing for awhile

They are great cars and pull very hard all the way through the rpm range. Stock one will run low to mid 120 traps for the most part.

I raced a C6 Z06 in my C5 Z06. Low 12 second cars no sweat. Mid to low 11's with an experienced driver. Ranger on corvetteforum ran 10.85 @ 129 mph...

Aside from the driver comments, if you're running any kind of street slick you'd not have a problem. Street tires aren't going to do it unless you start jacking up the boost and timing to keep up on the top end.

You right.

My buddy just bought a limited edition Ron Fellows Vette about two months ago. I must say fastest car Ive ever been in. Put me back in the seat. I want one too but dont have $80,000 to get one.

It aint the car. It's the driver. I'd be asking myself how fast the Z06 is with the average driver. You know granny shifts,missed gears and tons of wheel spin. Most of the Vette guys I see cant even drive an automatic let alone a 6-speed. Get one on a holeshot and you have the race wrapped up IMO.

This is totally right-- I've driven C5 and C6Z06s and they are VERY challenging to launch; massive wheelhop in the 06-08s. Still, there have been a couple (and I mean literally, two) of guys who have put STOCK C6Z06s into the 10s on street tires at Cecil (one is Ranger). And no, they're not cheaters, they're very very good drivers who practice and datalog like crazy.

In my opinion, the new Z-06 is the second best car that GM has made in the past 22 years :biggrin: