Drop in radiator advice...

extranjeo

Looking for a drop in OEM radiator. I don't need dual fans, relays that trip relays, blah, blah. Looks like the Autozone jobs and Advance Auto have fitment problems. Looked at Griffin and a few vendors here. What do you think?

ALRADCO, most definitely! That thing is a beast and a work of art. No china made crap there!

X3
Get an Alradco from Peter.

It's a drop in, replica of the original rad, but it's aluminum! ;)

buy once & be done......can't go wrong with this unit.........

Or have your original recored. I did in brass and it is cool as a cucumber, stock fan.

ALRADCO is the Best drop in radiator I have ever used and it cools great , I use his dual fan set up on one and the stock fan set up on the other .

If you want a drop in OEM radiator, you can't. You can get close. The OEM replacements have the wrong size tranny fittings on them. It will come with bushings to correct the thread size but that will move the radiator lines closer to the header panel and make them touch. There's a small goofy silver bracket that can be ommitted and you have to make sure to slide the radiator holddown plate as far rearward as you can get it. After that, everything is gravy.

If you don't care about an oil cooler or staying concours original, get a Camaro radiator and it will drop right in. Less than $90 with a lifetime warranty and you're done.

If you want a drop in OEM radiator, you can't. You can get close. The OEM replacements have the wrong size tranny fittings on them. It will come with bushings to correct the thread size but that will move the radiator lines closer to the header panel and make them touch. There's a small goofy silver bracket that can be ommitted and you have to make sure to slide the radiator holddown plate as far rearward as you can get it. After that, everything is gravy.

If you don't care about an oil cooler or staying concours original, get a Camaro radiator and it will drop right in. Less than $90 with a lifetime warranty and you're done.

Earl, my ALRADCO was totally drop in like a stocker, and I used the oil and trans coolers on it. No extra bushings or adapters of any sort.

Rad was a bad ass! My fans were on a manual switch and I never turned them on, until I got a horribly ancient and restrictive front mount IC, then I turned the fans on only when I sat in traffic longer than about 5 minutes. This was with a stock single fan too.

My next T or GN WILL have another ALRADCO.

Watch out on the f body radiators from autozone, etc. A lot of them are out of square.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I went with GN1performance and it was a direct drop in also. Alradco and Gn1 prices are basically the same, but I went with gn1 because they had a sale going on so I took advantage of it.

You can get an alradco one. Perfect drop in replacement and has both coolers.

ALRADCO, most definitely! That thing is a beast and a work of art. No china made crap there!

X3
Get an Alradco from Peter.

It's a drop in, replica of the original rad, but it's aluminum! ;)

buy once & be done......can't go wrong with this unit.........

ALRADCO....

ALRADCO is the Best drop in radiator I have ever used and it cools great , I use his dual fan set up on one and the stock fan set up on the other .

Alradco. Tried others and nothing compares.

Earl, my ALRADCO was totally drop in like a stocker, and I used the oil and trans coolers on it. No extra bushings or adapters of any sort.

Rad was a bad ass! My fans were on a manual switch and I never turned them on, until I got a horribly ancient and restrictive front mount IC, then I turned the fans on only when I sat in traffic longer than about 5 minutes. This was with a stock single fan too.

My next T or GN WILL have another ALRADCO.

Already been said but Alradco... :cool:

Alradco here

Wow guys, thank you! Kind of eye opening to see something like this. Thank you.

Peter

on (say for example) a 85 degree day.... will a stock fan on a alradco radiator be good enough to keep up with a 160 thermostat? (and I'm using a tt chip with fan programmed to come on at 167ish degrees

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app