New engine Runs then dies after 5-6 seconds :( Lost

The box you have there can do timing adjustments with the right chip. I think the new ones only are for the MAF, no timing adjustment. Cool surprise.

Something else to consider, if that translator is wired up to do timing adjustments you have an IAT signal to the ECM.

The mystery has been SOLVED !
See attached photo!
Man what a PIA I truly do not remember him telling me that was back there! And I have never pulled the Glove box back like this as I have never seen a need to. At least I know its there and can just change the settings to work with new MAF I got!
SO I guess I have a brand new Translator version 6.7 I need to sell a long with an LT1 MAF sensor
Next question is there any diff. between the 6.1 Version TL and the 6.7 I just got?

That's actually a nice spot for the translator. :cool: Much better than going under the hood to make adjustments.

Bob will have to answer the version question.

the translator plus did direct timing adjustments. So that works with any chip.

the current version is 6.25 (there is no 6.7), for those MAFs I think there is no difference in the software.

adjustments are detailed on the sticker on the inside of the lid, but to change MAFs you adjust the MAF Base adjustment.
although the 85mm and 3" MAFs are very close in calibration, you may be able to leave it alone. You need to check BLM values at idle and cruise.

Bob

the translator plus did direct timing adjustments. So that works with any chip.

the current version is 6.25 (there is no 6.7), for those MAFs I think there is no difference in the software.

adjustments are detailed on the sticker on the inside of the lid, but to change MAFs you adjust the MAF Base adjustment.
although the 85mm and 3" MAFs are very close in calibration, you may be able to leave it alone. You need to check BLM values at idle and cruise.

Bob
Thank you TurboBob for the info I think Im going to leave the one in it do to the way he "Glued it" to the back of the door it looks like it will be a real PIA to remove without damage to either the box or the back of the door. So it stays :)
Ill make the change in the box for the new MAF since its very easy to do.

Other BRAND NEW one is for sale along with the LT1 MAF.
Ill do an ad for it in the AM Still a little miffed I didnt know this was in there but also found it very odd that there was not one visible but the car ran fine.
I Guess as we get older we just either forget things or think we are doing whats right by what we know. All well Live and learn
By the way this car Belonged to BrianH and has one of his Bad A$$ transmissions in it with a Stage Right Brake and all the good stuff. Cant wait to us that Brake this year! And now it has an engine worthy of this trans :)