Driveshaft length and material

Dom87SS

got a couple questions. first, i cant seem to dig this exact number up anywhere. i am putting a pretty much stock 8.5 rear in my monte. in front will be a 200-4R. i need the length of the driveshaft to be used with these two. i dont have the rear in, obviously. i dont want to get it in, measure, then have to wait for one to come in. id rather have all the parts and then throw it together. i tried searching, and asking on other boards with no such luck. so i figured if anyone should know it would be the people who have them. so does anyone know the length i need. my rough guess is 51in or so.
second question...
does any manufacturer have a off the shelf one i can buy. where i can call and have it shipped same day or so. or are they pretty much built to order from most places. i am looking at a larger than stock, 3in, shaft. and am undecided on what material i should be looking at. i am aware they use chromoly, aluminum, and some steel. besides weight/rotating mass is it better to go with a thicker aluminum, or a normal rolled type moly steel.
third...
what type of yokes should i be looking for. i called a couple places and they asked me a bunch of question relating to what size yoke i wanted, and the spline on each. i have no idea what the stock spline is, and they had no record on hand to tell them. again specific company i should look to over another for yokes? and does anyone know what the stock spline is? and if i can have more added with using the stock input in the trans? i mean if it were 27 could i make it a 31 and still have it work with the stock input, or do i have to stick with 27.
sorry for the long post guys, but i just want to get this right the first time out. thanks in advance

I don't know what the exact lenght is you need, but the driveshaft is .99" shorter then the one used with the 7.5" rearend and 2004R tranny. So you could just have your own driveshaft modified.

i just dont want to trust a stock driveshaft. granted i have a metco loop, but i dont want to be replacingthem after the get all twisted up or broken in half.

Try an aluminum one. Especially if you plan on running a 2004r or a th350 as the 27 spline output can twist when subjected to a very hard launch. The aluminum is strong enough not to break, but still resilient enought to absorb the shock.