Drag Radial air pressure??

TUFNUF 6

I'm sure this has been discussed before, sorry. What has anyone found to be the best pressure to use in M/T DR's at the track? Thinking of trying mine for the first time on sat. Thanks in advance.....Moose.

I would start at 18psi and work down from there till you find your sweet spot!

I'm sure this has been discussed before, sorry. What has anyone found to be the best pressure to use in M/T DR's at the track? Thinking of trying mine for the first time on sat. Thanks in advance.....Moose.

I run 13psi in mine..

A few weeks ago, I did a 1.50 60' with 18 psi.

25 in mine, I've tried all other sttings and 25 seems to work for me, it could also be our track.

Ron

How about the street??

On the street

I run 20 psi on the 275/60/15 MT DRs. The wear is very even across the tread. This is on a 8" rim with a 4" BS.

132 60ft with 15 air :eek: :biggrin:

I run 20 psi on the 275/60/15 MT DRs. The wear is very even across the tread. This is on a 8" rim with a 4" BS.

I just installed the ET Streets that were given to me when I bought the White car. I found out that they are the BIAS ply kind.

That coupled with the cargo springs I installed last year make the Buick ride UN-Buick like if you know what I mean even with the Bilsteins in the back too.
Its been so long since I've had a bias ply on any of my cars I forgot how bad they ride :D The street tires I had on the back rode really nice but no traction, now I have traction and the ride sucks...

28 PSI in the ETs right now.

Apparently the ET Street radials ride alot better from what I gather.

Your rim size makes a different also. If you are using the stock 7" wheel it needs more air like 22-25 lbs. A wider rim then go down in pressure.

Anyone experiencing any tire shake with the radials? The one day I tried mine right at the hit it would hook hard, rolled out about 20' and shook hard. Raised the pressure 1lb. (either 17.5 or 18 if I remember correctly) hooked good at the hit, then about 20' or so smoked them. These are 315/65's on a 10" rim. How do you get rid of the tire shake? I did go 1.44 on the one tire shake pass. Thanks.....Moose.

Tufnuf6

I'm guessing were talking about at the track, not the street. Get a data loger of some sort. I use Direct scan. Your turbo may be spooling too fast. See if your blowing the tires off on the 1-2 shift, or something with the rear end set up ( bad shock, pinion angle, etc). Tune, tune, tune. But, NEED DATA.

cnoble64

Some one correct me if I'm wrong. But, I think you've got it backwards. I believe that a smaller rim puts more of a arch across the top of the tread. So you need to run "less" air pressure to bring it back in, and have a even foot print on the ground. A wider rim would open up the tire, and allow you to run "more" air pressure and still have a even foot print and tread wear.

Mike

Anyone experiencing any tire shake with the radials? The one day I tried mine right at the hit it would hook hard, rolled out about 20' and shook hard. Raised the pressure 1lb. (either 17.5 or 18 if I remember correctly) hooked good at the hit, then about 20' or so smoked them. These are 315/65's on a 10" rim. How do you get rid of the tire shake? I did go 1.44 on the one tire shake pass. Thanks.....Moose.

315/65?????

I have experienced tire shake but not until the mid 5 second 1/8 mile range with a 295/65. Usually increasing tire pressure will fix tire shake to a point. Tightening up the shock settings also help. 2 clicks on my extension helped a lot. You didn't say how fast the car was but I'd say you need to look into pinion angle, worn or broken control arm bushings, cracked mounting points, etc. If everything is right I can't imagine anything with less than 1100hp blowing the tires away.