Downpipe Bolt Part Number

bholker

I pulled the downpipe and one of the bolts that attaches the downpipe to the turbo housing was a bear coming off, and a couple threads are sheared off. Anyway its a stock downpipe and stock turbo, and I'm looking for new bolt/bolts. Anyone know if I can get these from GM, if so what's the part number. OR if I cannot, anyone got a link to someone who carries them?

25519925 is the part# ,but I don't believe it's available through GM anymore.You will probably have to find a used one. :frown:

I'll double check tomorrow, but sure measures up to me to be a shoulder bolt w/ M10 x 1.5 thread, 12mm diameter shoulder, 50mm shoulder length.
Looks like I can get them from McMaster Carr #92981A407, $4.11 each.
Should work.
I'll double check the threadform at work tomorrow where I can do a better job of measuring, or we may have a ring gage. I'll let everyone know.

Just remove one and take it to the hardware store. They can match it up for you. Get stainless so it won't rust.

If these are the heavy bolts with the spring you are talking about, they sell the new bolt and springs together in the Help! section.
Just bring the old one to match up length and thread size.

(LMK if you desperatly need a P/N.)

Who's 'they' and what's the 'Help!' section? Not sure what vendor you're referring to. Thanks again. Let me know.

Who's 'they' and what's the 'Help!' section? Not sure what vendor you're referring to. Thanks again. Let me know.

Guess you don't venture into autoparts stores....:D
Advance/CSK/Kragen, Autozone, O'reileys, Pepboys, RS Strauus, etc have a section where Dorman products are sold under the monkier Help! there they have odds and ends for interior, exterior, engine, and drivetrain parts. I bought these same bolts last year when I did a turbo replacment on my stock T.

FYI: https://www.dormanproducts.com/documents4rb/brand/dorman_help.htm

Whatever you choose to install this application is a great candidate for plenty of Antisieze on the threads.

Thank you sir.
As strange as it may seem I don't spend much time at the auto parts store. The only car I work on is the GN, and that ain't too often anymore.....
Thanks again.

in most modern auto parts stores, the Help! section is the best place to look for the things you need to get your car going again, since the 16 year old behind the counter doesn't think that he needs to do anything or learn anything about the products he sells to earn that $7 an hour he gets paid.
i know of a couple of stores that have an entire aisle of Help! products, and i usually find myself just looking thru everything to see if i can find anything that will work for my cars. i have a pcv elbow on my Monte that i think was for a Mazda that i found in the Help! section.
NAPA doesn't have a Help! section, but they do have the very same products- with the very same part numbers- in NAPA boxes and a higher price tag than most other places.