Dorian is dropping his trans again.

Good to see you back on the road, but you're going to have to drop it again and ditch that crappy torque converter.

I'd run some other brand so you know you're getting an efficient top end, personally I'd get a Precision 5 disc so you can keep the gas mileage and lock it up at the track for 0% slippage. :biggrin: Personally, anything over 8% on the top end would be grounds for getting it tightened up IMO.

Precision Industries - Vigilante

News - I put a D5 in there.

The shifts have firmed up and can sometimes shred the tires.

However, it seems to be unpredictable.

I checked my pressures again.

P - 80 - 220
R - 125 - 200 to 290
N - 80 - 220
D - 80 - 220
3 - 80 - 220
2 - 200 - 200
1 - 200 - 200

In reverse, at 1000 RPM it reads 220. Raise RPM slightly and I read 290. Raise a little more and it drops back down to 220 and is a bit erratic.

Hmmmmm

I'll put the blame on someone else :D

I invited an intern (who does autocross) to work with me on the trans. I entrusted him the job of torquing down the VB. He missed on bolt in the VB: passenger side, the one farthest back.

We noticed it was missing at the race when we dropped the VB and put it back on and found a bolt missing. My guess is that is why the pressure got erratic above 150 PSI. It was leaking out the side of the VB. You could actually hear the spraying sound when you got on the throttle on the highway.

We found a spare metric bolt that we trimmed and torqued in to 93 inch/lbs, but it may have worked itself lose - it's not an original VB bolt. Or the Gasket might be damaged there.

I think I can hear a little "spraying" again.

-sigh- I guess I'll have to drop the pan again to see if that is loose. If not I drop the VB and clean it out.

The spraying sound may be the pressure relief in the pump.

It should relieve pressure around 300 psi in a stock application.

Hmmmmmm - I used to read 240 PSI. And 290 in reverse... Not reading that anymore - strange!