Vibrating clutch on converter?

DorianL

Dear All,

I never had any problems running my trans other than it not shifting harder when I get on the gas. All my pressures - static and driving, were ok.

I did run a few hundred miles without locking the clutch of my TCI streetfighter. That was a goof and it seems that it might have cooked my trans juice. :mad: I wish I had known better.

Anyway, I recently put in a TCC harness. Doing a test, I set my clutch to engage at lower speeds in second gear. If I stay off the gas it seems to operate fine. If I get on the gas (sometimes when the TCC engages as well) I feel/hear vibration or rumbling.

It deteriorated. Recently at stationary idle it was doing that too! I had to slam it in N to prevent from stalling!

I am going to tear into the trans tonight anyway to check the condition of my frictions.

The question I have here is: is this a good sign that the TC is toast? Because I have to order one now, if I want to make it in time for the race in two weeks. (Am in Belgium)

THANKS

D.

Not sure what would be causing it to do that at idle. Do you have your lockup run through your brake switch to unlock TCC when there applied?

Nope :rolleyes:

I thought it could never lockup in first? Is that vibration normal tho'. Am I simply overpowering the TC clutch?

Nope :rolleyes:

I thought it could never lockup in first? Is that vibration normal tho'. Am I simply overpowering the TC clutch?
You're right it can't lockup in 1st. The vibration isn't normal either. If you don't have the lockup wired through the brake switch and you have the trans where it locks in 2nd, 3rd & 4th you'll get a shudder/shake when slowing/stopping but it shouldn't do it in first. Not sure if the pressure buildup could cause that in 1st tho'?