don't know what happen to my motor

my bearing are really Fup. 1,2,4 four really bad like i lost oil pressure at some point. i neve noticed i took it all apart couldn't find out how it happen. it was a new block from highway stars. new main caps,timing chain,stainless steel valves, lifters, cam,bearings,ARP bolts,high flow front cover from full throttle speed. new oil pickup, i can't find out what happened.

Who put it together? Was it primed before startup? What are the bearing clearances? Who setup the oil pump? What kind of oil?...lots of things need to be known here. Anyone would be guessing at this point. Sucks to hear that you are having this issue....been there myself. Good luck

Bryan

There is a lot info needed like Phoneguy said. Who assembled it, who prepped the block. Who line bored / honed the new caps

If you cannot tell what happened after examining the parts, how the hell could anyone else help without more info?

Pictures of the bearings, examination of of the oil pump/cover might help some, but you do not even state what other parts are damaged if any?

How the car was used and driven as well as other pieces and parts or info like how many miles and how long ago since it was built would be good to know?

Bearings "fup" does not mean anything, are the burned from the lack of oil or clearance, or beat to hell from detonation or pre-ignition or both?

I have seen spec sheets on damaged engines from other shops and there was not doubt the clearances listed were bogus, they just gave the owner what he wanted to hear.

Who cares who did the work or what the clearances were supposed to be, the question is "why did this happen"?

Sorry for your mis-fortune, but how could we be of help without lots more detail? I have examined a few hundred damage turbo engines mainly in person, however doing by keyboard makes it really difficult!

And hopefully the stock oil cooler was not reused if the first rebuild was done because of a blown bearing (s).

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is well worth the time and effort to determine what did happen so that you can avoid a repeat. If you can get some pics up here, the collective wisdom can come into play.

well a place here in town called ALC machine did the work. the old motor did not have any metal or anything in it just had bad compression. the bearings on the new motor and down to brass on 1 bad, 2 really bad 3 so so, and bad on 4. the whole motor was built and assembled by them. the front cover was a hi flow one from full throttle speed. the main caps were the ones from TA PERFORMANCE. the one every one sells i didn't get the rear one was told wasn't needed. stock crank. new block from highway stars. new flex plate. bob weighted guess balanced that would be called. i primed it then took it to a Buick shop here in northern California called MIZZI automotive to be started and broke in because i had a new TA 206 CAM.
I put sealed power forged pistons and stainless steal valves from TA. A TA timing set, bearing everything.

Last edited:
well a place here in town called ALC machine did the work. the old motor did not have any metal or anything in it just had bad compression. the bearings on the new motor and down to brass on 1 bad, 2 really bad 3 so so, and bad on 4. the whole motor was built and assembled by them. the front cover was a hi flow one from full throttle speed. the main caps were the ones from TA PERFORMANCE. the one every one sells i didn't get the rear one was told wasn't needed. stock crank. new block from highway stars. new flex plate. bob weighted guess balanced that would be called. i primed it then took it to a Buick shop here in northern California called MIZZI automotive to be started and broke in because i had a new TA 206 CAM.
I put sealed power forged pistons and stainless steal valves from TA. A TA timing set, bearing everything.

Attachments

• 20140715_001833.jpg
    20140715_001833.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 205
  • 20140715_001817.jpg
    20140715_001817.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 20140715_001743.jpg
    20140715_001743.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • 20140715_001516.jpg
    20140715_001516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
  • 20140715_001356.jpg
    20140715_001356.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20140715_001323.jpg
    20140715_001323.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20140715_001117.jpg
    20140715_001117.jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 20140715_001105.jpg
    20140715_001105.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 20140715_000829.jpg
    20140715_000829.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • 20140715_000806.jpg
    20140715_000806.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
How many pounds if boost the guage read when the pump took a shit? Did see any knock/kr.

I doubt it was detonation. I would bet on a problem with the main bore, or a bent crank. The OP was right when he said Fup!!!

I'll also guess that the crank didn't turn easy when the mains were torqued on assembly??

Looks like insufficient oiling, to me.
Is the machine shop stepping up to help?

The rods probably look bad because thats where the main bearing material went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck, if it were a lack of oil, Don't you think the rod bearings would go first? Then the knock noise would be the first sign of problems.

The damage to those bearings isn't from an alky pump failure. The rod bearings/rods and pistons would take the biggest hit if the alky pump failed

Chuck, if it were a lack of oil, Don't you think the rod bearings would go first? Then the knock noise would be the first sign of problems.

I've been surprised to see the rod bearings look ok when the mains were trashed like this before.

Looking at the pics on my phone, are the caps off as far as they look when I zoom in on them ?

Bryan

If the front cover is new.......Why is it all dark colored? Is it coated with debris or did it get hot?

Looking at the pics on my phone, are the caps off as far as they look when I zoom in on them ?

Bryan

When you zoom in it looks like they slapped the caps on and put it together. Maybe its me but it does not look like they line bored the block. maybe its just the picture? I'm no expert machinist but whats with the cam bearing hanging out of the hole like that?