Don's 8.06 pass at Reynolds!!!

Wow this thread is heading the wrong way.
Let's try to keep our posts positive.

Was the car peer teched by fellow tso racers at the event? From the pictures it appears the turbo is forward the core support. I will be having headers made soon for my tso car and would like to know if that turbo location is legal.

Was the car peer teched by fellow tso racers at the event? From the pictures it appears the turbo is forward the core support. I will be having headers made soon for my tso car and would like to know if that turbo location is legal.

Have you looked through the latest version of the rules Cal posted?

The new rules state that not part of the turbo may be forward of the core support. Hard to tell in the photos of Don's car, but it does look like the turbo is forward of the core support. Only reason I say that is his turbo position looks the same as my set up, and my turbo IS forward of my core support.

If this turbo position is legal (including mine), I'd be interested in knowing as then I may consider running at a TSO event. When we did the work on my car over the winter, I was not considering TSO racing at all.. but due to the new rule changes, if this turbo position is legal, the only other thing I would need to do is replace my DP to fit into the new rules.

Attachments

• 225073_10150284360423275_564703274_9561083_7543569_n.jpg
    225073_10150284360423275_564703274_9561083_7543569_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 225
  • don-cruz-burnout.jpg
    don-cruz-burnout.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 212

Turbo must be located within the factory engine compartment. No part of the turbo can be mounted forward of the factory core support. The crossover pipe can be in any location.

This is what I found in the rules. It appears the pass at the event was "Outlaw" not TSO legal. Please correct me if I am wrong. My header project is on hold until we can get things cleared up.

Turbo must be located within the factory engine compartment. No part of the turbo can be mounted forward of the factory core support. The crossover pipe can be in any location.

This is what I found in the rules. It appears the pass at the event was "Outlaw" not TSO legal. Please correct me if I am wrong. My header project is on hold until we can get things cleared up.

Do you honestly believe that Don Cruz, Mr. Perfectionist himself, and Cal Hartline, or as I call him the Big Brain, would have spent all this time, money and effort to build the fastest TSO car ever without taking a look at the rules?

Seriously, do you honestly believe these guys are incapable of reading and understanding the rules?

I don't keep up with TSO rules b/c I am not ever planning on running TSO, but if I were a betting man I would bet that those two planned the build according to the rules.

Commercial interruption:biggrin::biggrin:

Make sure you all come to NC to watch it set the 1/8th mile record:biggrin:

Flat nasty ride Don!

Commercial interruption:biggrin::biggrin:

Make sure you all come to NC to watch it set the 1/8th mile record:biggrin:

Flat nasty ride Don!

Maybe the guy with the 8 sec 109 will be there :p:biggrin:

I had no idea there were two unicorns ;)

I was unaware the location and or size of the core support was different on Black Regals vs White Regals. :confused:

I was unaware the location and or size of the core support was different on Black Regals vs White Regals. :confused:

After a little research, it turns out that the location of the turbo on my car IS TSO legal, as is that of Mr. Cruz.

"No part of the turbo can be mounted forward of the factory core support"

All mounting points for my turbo are within the core support....