Donate to TurboBuick.Com

Rick

Wow!! Leave for a weekend and come back to see this???:D

Thanks Jason!! Hopefully EVERYONE will be a "contributing member".

Guys, time to put up or shut up:D

Originally posted by Rick

Guys, time to put up or shut up:D

If you were just a little more cryptic, you could work for the NSA, or CIA. LOL

Seriously, thou, what are you talking about?..

Hit your back button and look for this:

TurboBuick.Com > Miscellaneous > Turbo Lounge

(Moderated by: JasonD, Mr URL, Rollin, RUQWKNF)
Donate to TurboBuick.Com

And if everyone donated just a buck that looked at this thread in the last couple of hours then the board would have $115 already!! Just goes to show, any amount counts.

OK OK...I found a link on the home page. It's at the bottom of the "powered by list"

Come on people, lets give Jason and the guys a little relief.

Cat out of the bag

Oh...someone found the link.:eek: I knew it would happen sooner or later.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it all, but since it is now out in the open I guess it is my duty to explain things.

See...we never liked the idea of people giving us money for the site, unless they had the chance to make that money back and then some as a paying vendor/advertiser. If they were a member, it was to be a free resource. That way, nothing more was expected and no one was let down.

Well, some of you fine folks didn't care about that and found ways to send in money anyway. People knew that me and Bruce Toelle (WE4) are close buddies and started sending money to him or calling him and giving him their credit card numbers to pass onto us as a donation to the site. Some people just sorta came out of nowhere....it was very humbling, actually. This sorta put us in a weird spot, we couldn't refuse the funds because it would be an insult to people who went to those lengths to help us out and it would be wasting Bruce's time, which I know to be very valuable.

Well...the Turbo Buick hobby is very unique and somewhat limited on resources when it comes to vendors, etc... This makes a site like this somewhat hard to run financially.

Couple that with an awkard feeling of guilt for getting Bruce wrapped up in this as he does enough by helping the site as it is, and like I said, his time is valuable and he is a busy guy. Not that Bruce minds helping, but heck...I don't want to make it harder for him to help us it is. :)

So, due to that and the popular demand, Chris and I realized that regardless of what we said, people were going to donate so we might as well make it easier on Bruce. Heheh... :) So, with a few disclaimers to ensure that people wouldn't have any misunderstandings as to why they were donating and what they can expect to get out of it, I reluctantly set up a page with info on how to make donations. I didn't want to plaster it all over the place and make a huge deal out of it, I just placed a couple of links here and there and figured that would be good enough for now.

No one has to donate anything, no one is expected to and no one will ever be ridiculed if they don't. It is ONLY if you feel you have gotten something out of this site and feel you want to give something back in return. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything is appreciated. Honestly, it DOES help. Like I said, this site is not easy to run financially.

So thanks to all, even if you want to donate but just can't for one reason or another! :)

Even though I am a kid at heart, I am 30 years old. In those 30 years of my life, I have met thousands of people.

On thing is undeniable, in those 30 years, some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life are right here, part of this little web site.

Jason, dhauser & GNBlack both sent (or are in the process) $$ to Bruce for parts I sold them. Instead of sending the $$ to me, I asked them to give to the site. Hope this helps & thanks as always.

For those of us that go the cash, check route, are you going to offer a postal address?.

Originally posted by striker_29
Ok I did it, but my title didnt change:) Anyway, hope that helped out some.

Maybe b/c of the custom line you put in?
I'm a TR guy at heart, and I love the site, so hope I helped out a bit. I'll try to send more when Santa doesn't need funding.

Originally posted by striker_29
Ok I did it, but my title didnt change:) Anyway, hope that helped out some.

Please e-mail me your full name, the e-mail address you used to make the donation and the method you used to donate (PayPal or Credit Card) and I will look into it, I don't remeber your donation coming through.

Don't ya hate how everything always comes up at once? My car is completely dead right now and I'm not sure exactly how bad things are, so that is my first priority, of course.

However, I would LOVE to help out this site, I've learned a lot about a car I hope on buying from here - actually, ALL I know about Turbo Buicks is from this site. People have been MORE than happy to help me out any way they can and I've even had someone offer his expertise when I do finally find "my" GN. What a great bunch of people and a site to be VERY proud of:) It's kind of hard being a chick that's into cars sometimes, not a lot of people have faith in you, but y'all have shown me that that's not always the case. Thank you guys for all your help, knowledge and friendliness, you may not understand how much I appreciate it:D