Does your wife/GF ride in and/or drive your TR?

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if this subject has ever been addressed? My wife has rode in my GN a few times although she would prefer not to. :eek:

The most was on the '08 Power Tour. She is always complaining about everything about the car. It's not perfect (it is 80's GM) and not her newer car. When we were on the tour in Missouri the FP quit at a gas station. Got back in it to leave and no FP? I had to rig the hotwire for the rest of the trip. Another time she got wet (heavy rain storm) I have T-tops. So and So... She liked the tour just wanted to do it in a different car. lol

So let's hear it guys... and gals, does your spouse or other like, ride in or drive your TR?

My gf hates riding in my dad's old buick cause it is alot faster then mine. However she will drive her car all day long with the t-tops lol however it is pretty much stock. She has finally got bitten by the bug.

Yes, my Wife very much enjoys taking an occasional spin in my 86, and even more so, driving her own 87.

My wife is not too fond of riding in the TTA. Not exactly the easiest car to get in or out of, but I took her for a ride a few weeks ago and she said she actually enjoyed it! Maybe its finally growing on her....

I think this is more of an age thing :p My wife and kids all drove Turbo Buicks.1986/2000 (Wife had a new TTA) .. TTA was one of the best "fun" cars we have owned. Now update to 2011.. The old Buick just doesn't do it for us.. I offered a TTA with 10k on it to the wife to just play around with.. She drove it an said "thanks but no thanks". Have a new Lincoln MKS EcoBoost V6 sitting outside. This is my mothers new car ! Wife hasn't driven it yet but I have .. This is my new Buick. :biggrin: Last summer had a low mile T we drove for a few days.. It was fun for about 20 minutes.. Then I want a NEW car :tongue:
Back to the original post.. ALL my family drove/raced Buicks. It was a blast while it lasted !

Yup wife drives both Buicks and likes it better when she is driving vs me:eek:It is real funny when the guy in the C5 vette pulls up at a light and I am in the pass seat and he kinda looks over and smirks:eek:Then my wife lets him know his place in the car world.Oh ya now my daughter is driving and she is very good;)more control than dad:p

Kevin

My wife enjoyed riding and driving mine so much she bought her brothers GN. Both 87 tt cars mine has 19,400 and hers has 31,300. She now comes to car shows with me and she is not afraide to get on it at all

My wife loves riding in the ol black car,she always liked gbodys anyway but she has had to talk me into going to a few shows recently this year. Seems like after dealing with a crazy work week im ready to just relax however Im glad she pushes me into it though once Im in it everything else kinda goes away and helps me realize why I put up with those crazy work weeks . Ya have to make sure you choose a woman who has the same passions as you or at least can accept yours without argument,man am I lucky.

I bought my wife her own, WH1, plates that say HER T... And, runs mid 12's!!! She likes it, my son drive's it, I put gas in it and wrench on it!!! Phil.

My girlfriend likes to ride and occasionnally drive both my Grand National and big block Chevelle. It's rather funny because she keeps worrying about breaking something...I tell her that she "can't break it more than I do"...and just enjoy it! :cool:

Claude. :wink:

She drives my 6 month daughter around in it all the time. She has always wanted one and honestly enjoys driving it more then I do. Everytime she comes back from the store or work, she has some story about people commenting on how they love the car and can't believe she owns one. She just turned 30 so I don't think it's an age thing. She just loves older cars and this one was always on the top of her list. She likes the black ones better I think, but my gray T Type keeps her happy.

My wife just rode along with me on the last Auto-X and she loved it! Plus we put up my best time with her in the car.... She also likes to drive the white T around launching from stoplight to stoplight...

Scot W.

My wife drove mine in 2007 when it had a TA49 a chip and a K&N. She loved the power !! After the mods she doesnt even want to ride in it now. She says it scary fast now, it runs too rich and burns her eyes, etc.
I just wish I could keep it together long enough to actually enjoy it. Black cloud has been over mine for years...

Bryan

I think my wife just likes to needle me a bit more than anything else. To other people mostly her friends if they find out we own a GN, she will brag a bit and talk like a proud owner. She did go on the 08 PT for 5 days in the GN. I think she doesn't like driving it, afraid that something will happen to it while she is driving. It is my wife (then GF) that got me into Buick's with a 70 GS back in '81.

She's pretty cool and likes performance and the GN, she doesn't always like to show it. When we bought her Sky, did she want the 2.4 170 hp version hell no she wanted the Redline version. It's all or nothing and that is me too. I want the top of the line or forget it.

GF loves being passenger in the GN, LOVES when I hammer it, terrified to get behind the wheel of my GN.

Well, the wife's not too keen, but the gf LOVES my GN! jk!

Got rid of my last t-top T about two years after getting with my now wife. But as I've only got a HT Regal now, and am re-building her '79 WS6 t-top TA with my 68 Olds 350 w #5 heads and forged guts, and TH200-4R yadda yadda, I can't imagine she'd complain about another TR! I woulda ditched her long ago if THAT were even a possibility!;)

My wife really likes riding in my GN, I have been trying to get her to drive it for a while but that she will not do. She is scared of it I think, and as others have mentioned, if something broke she would worry about me. She likes going for rides and to car shows too actually which is awesome. The only thing she doesn't like is if we get into it with another car. Hammer on it and it turns into that scene from Days of Thunder, "let me outta the car!!"

the ex-wife: I never let her drive it....a full 8 years. She had a battle scar on EVERY panel of her car, and there was no way ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH that I'd let her drive the Buick.

The new wife: she calls it a hoopty!...doesn't really like it, but she respects it. She's a good driver, so it doesn't bother me if she needs to. Her battery died one day recently, so she hijacked the Buick to go to the dentist. She called me complaining, blah blah blah....then said "wow, this car is really fast".