Does these twin's work with PG?

The Swede

-89 TTA 7 sec car
Hi all!

We have found 1 pair of Garret Turbos, brand new.

Pressure side 63 and exhaust 78, 1:19 exhaust, they are supposed to dilever 750hp each.

The question is actually if we can get some boost with a PG?
And if, at what rpm do we get high boost? 6000 rpm or higher?

Thanks!

John Wilde said:
With the right converter, I don't see a problem!

Thanks!

The converter will be customordered, we where just worried about the spool up and pressure at the line.

I also heard an amazing thing today from an oldschool gentlemen....... mount a nozzle into the header, connect it to a pump with gasoline and spray at the line..... it will explode into the turbo and it will spool up at idle! :eek: i asked him polite.... but Sir..... this can't be legal to do in sirius Drag Racing, ohhh no.... he said it's legal! :rolleyes:

The Swede said:
Hi all!

We have found 1 pair of Garret Turbos, brand new.

Pressure side 63 and exhaust 78, 1:19 exhaust, they are supposed to dilever 750hp each.

The question is actually if we can get some boost with a PG?
And if, at what rpm do we get high boost? 6000 rpm or higher?

Thanks!

AR looks a little big on the exhaust, but like john said, with a good converter like a chance or similar, spooling them will not be a problem. I would think by 4000-5000 at the line you should be right in the rpm range for your engine. :)

Big Stu said:
AR looks a little big on the exhaust, but like john said, with a good converter like a chance or similar, spooling them will not be a problem. I would think by 4000-5000 at the line you should be right in the rpm range for your engine. :)

If these are divided turbine housings they are not big.
I am thinking these are GT40s, so you should be ok.
Who are you thinking about getting the converter from?

well i can only tell you what i have done witha PG we have twin 70mm with gts turbins with ar .81 housings we have spooled 26lbs on the chip at 5200 rpms. we have 45 degree air temp too. with a small tire car im sure you dont need 26lbs but you shouldn't have a problem. as far as converter we got our converter fromBTE its a 9.5 in we have had no problems spooling and no problems running fast. so maybe giv e them a call. but to update everyone on my car we are switching to alky we are going to be 150lbs lighter by switching. no inercooler or radiator. this alone should net some ET improvements but we also hope to step the boost up we were running 42lbs on gas so we would like to runn like 55lbs with alky. we will see if that will do anything. i got allot of freinds running the import stuff and they see no reason why it shouldn't work but who knows we will see.

turbodragster said:
well i can only tell you what i have done witha PG we have twin 70mm with gts turbins with ar .81 housings we have spooled 26lbs on the chip at 5200 rpms. we have 45 degree air temp too. with a small tire car im sure you dont need 26lbs but you shouldn't have a problem. as far as converter we got our converter fromBTE its a 9.5 in we have had no problems spooling and no problems running fast. so maybe giv e them a call. but to update everyone on my car we are switching to alky we are going to be 150lbs lighter by switching. no inercooler or radiator. this alone should net some ET improvements but we also hope to step the boost up we were running 42lbs on gas so we would like to runn like 55lbs with alky. we will see if that will do anything. i got allot of freinds running the import stuff and they see no reason why it shouldn't work but who knows we will see.

This is great and deserves it's own thread!

Similar here (GS): twin LT70GTQ, 0.81 A/R exh, powerglide, 8" converter, 5400 rpm launch chip. It was a nice combo, good spool on pro tree.

(I'm changing to a new combo, probably a TT 455" C5R next year, at least that's what I'm telling my team of psychiatrists.)

Art

JoyOf6 said:
Similar here (GS): twin LT70GTQ, 0.81 A/R exh, powerglide, 8" converter, 5400 rpm launch chip. It was a nice combo, good spool on pro tree.

(I'm changing to a new combo, probably a TT 455" C5R next year, at least that's what I'm telling my team of psychiatrists.)

Art

Art it seems you are going to be joining the darkside.
Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.
I think there are better options on blocks.

Best regards,