does anyone have the normal values for DS?

Daledammit

The only place I knew to find them was at gnttype.org. The website is apparently down and was testerday too. I only have a few days off and had to borrow a laptop to run DS on. If anyone can email them to me or knows of another link I would appreciate it. DHENDON1@CS.COM Thanks

No, don't have that, but I'm sure people can help you if you post some #s. What's wrong with car, or are you just doing a little tuning?

Just trying to do a little tuning. The car runs and drives fine its just slow. I've got all the numbers I just don't know what to do with them. I'm getting 1-2 knock counts, the most retard I've seen is 3 degrees. My O2 voltage is anywhere between 720 and 800. FP is set on 35#. MAF is 255, injector duty cycle is around 60%, BLM's are ok except for WOT shows 149, it is in closed loop and PE mode is showing. I just put new plugs and wires on it. Car has been modded as follows

old Champion heads and intake
6o# injectors
stock ic with Dutt neck
stock size forged pistons
stock cam
some kind of lockup convertor(I didn't put it in so I don't know)
ATR headers
turbo might be a 60-1 can't vouch for it either but thats what I was told.

Car ran a best time of 8.16 @89 last night on 275 Nittos with a little race gas and 20# boost. My stock T ran better than that with tires and race gas. Go figure. I know its got to be tuning issues.
:confused:

You are at the max for your MAF sensor (255). Be careful not to add anymore air (boost) without adding fuel. Using a race chip will add fuel beyond the 255 (usually). Or you can use an alky sprayer.

So are saying I need to turn the boost down? How do you mean to add more fuel? I had not planned to add anymore boost because it starts knocking at anymore than that. I can only run about 15#'s on pump gas. I looked at alky kits the other night to help with detonation but thought they worked by cooling the flow. Is it the added octane that makes them work? Sorry for the questions. Thanks for your help

Hi Dale,
Are you still using the TT chip? You can email me a DS file if you want. Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,
Eric

Yes, I've still got your chip in, thanks for the reply. My problem is that I'm not real savvy on this laptop, its borrowed. It doesn't have a cd burner in it and my new home computer doesn't have a floppy drive. Didn't even realize it didn't have one till today.I'm not sure how to transfer the file to it yet, I'm working on it though.

fp set at 35# is a little low even with the line connected. Set fp with the vac line off, the 42-45# should be your target area. That will get the O2s up some. With race gas, 20# should not be a problem if the fp is up. But once the MAF is maxed at 255, WOT/PE fueling needs to be added to the chip. If you have an adjust TT chip, add more WOT fueling to it. Get rid of the knock before uping the boost anymore.

Alky BTW, adds fuel and octane, and cools the charge..the triple wammy. Add alky, you must remove some fueling...but again, the chip needs to be tuned to how you want to run.

I started with the fp set at 42# with the line off to begin with and my O2's were in the 850-870 range. I thought they were supposed to be lower than that is the reason I turned the fp down. The car was real sluggish with the higher fp. I'm pretty sure my chip is not adjustable so I can't add any wot fuel to it that way. The alky setup does sound pretty cool though.

Originally posted by Daledammit
I started with the fp set at 42# with the line off to begin with and my O2's were in the 850-870 range. I thought they were supposed to be lower than that is the reason I turned the fp down. The car was real sluggish with the higher fp. I'm pretty sure my chip is not adjustable so I can't add any wot fuel to it that way. The alky setup does sound pretty cool though.
Yeah, thats the downside to using an adjustable fp reg to change your fueling, it does it across the board, making idle and cruise rich while trying to bring the O2s up for WOT. This is why adjust WOT fueling chips are the best as they do not tamper with cruise and idle fueling.

Adjusting the fp reg is great for use at the track only, then back it back off when taking to the street for drivability.
I would think 35# is a little low, maybe try 38-40# at the lowest, then get a better dialed in chip.

That makes sense. I never thought about it like that before. Eric's gonna burn me a chip off the numbers I'm getting now. I'm sure that will help:D So basically what you guys are saying is that all the tuning is in the chip, don't mess with the FP, right?

Originally posted by Daledammit
That makes sense. I never thought about it like that before. Eric's gonna burn me a chip off the numbers I'm getting now. I'm sure that will help:D So basically what you guys are saying is that all the tuning is in the chip, don't mess with the FP, right?
The only time you want to mess with the fp, once the chip is dialed in to your car...which Eric is going to do by reading your DS file...but, if your fp was at 35 when you made the DS file your giving to Eric...then the chip will be for that fp...you may not want that.
Cause if he makes the chip run perfect now based on that DS file...then you go and raise fp...it will effect the BLMs across all rpms and loads..making it rich.

Ok..now lets assume the chip is tuned in and the BLMs are good and it runs great at WOT at 18# of boost and fp is 43 line-off.
Now you go to the track and get some race gas and want to run 22# of boost....with the same chip, you are going to need more fuel for the added boost...without a different chip or some way to adjust WOT fueling...your only choice is to raise the fuel pressure to get the added fuel with the same chip for the additional boost.
Its fine to raise it for use at the track while running the added boost....just keep in mind it may not idle and cruise very well...but who cares about that at the track :) Then to go back to "street trim" you need to lower the fuel pressure and boost back down.

So when you do adjust the fp with the reg, it should only be for temporary use once your "baseline/street trim" tune is dailed in.

Good advice. I add fuel with alky and/or a 7th shooter. I have chips that make fuel inj. go full tilt, and I just go up in boost untill I get a good tune, then I can go past that with adding alky or the 7th inj. As long as you understand what is going on, and what you need to do to run XX amount of boost. Many different ways of getting there.

Thanks for the info guys. Eric is in the process of updating a chip for me with the current numbers at 42#'s fp. Sounds like that was the best thing for me to do.:D