Does an original 1987 GN magazine ad exist? Does anyone have a picture of it?

jpwahler

Guys,

I stopped at a booth in the mall this weekend and found original print adds of classic cars that I've bought, owned and sold over the years. I plan on framing them for display in my office.

I can't seem to find one for an 1987 GN. A GNX sales ad would be OK but I would really prefer a GN add (That's what I owned).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

I don't recall ever seeing any myself. The ones at the bottom won't be good for framing since they are low-res, but these are from an 84/85, I think. I am pretty sure most ads are from 1984/85 including the television commercials.

gn84p1.jpg

gn84p2.jpg

Attachments

• mag1.jpg
    mag1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 430
  • mag2.jpg
    mag2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 440
Thanks for the reply, this may be the route I go. Really, the only person that will no the difference is me.

Thanks again for the help, miss the turbo community!

Why oh why didn't Buick continue that interior.

I agree. I know where there is an '84 for sale with the Lear Siegler. $13.500 if you want it. :eek:

I want to know what happened to the half car convertible they had the interior in when they took that picture!! ;) That would be fun to drive. :biggrin:

1quick6

Do you have a bigger view of the "flip-flop" 2-car ad? I've been looking for that pic for a long time. I've subscribed to all of the auto mags back in the early '80's and don't recall seeing that ad in any of the magazines.

Come to think of it, there were no ads for the '86/87 Buick Turbos that I can remember. Just the ASC GNX "Fortunate 500" one that is hard to track down.

I might at home. I don't think there were any major ads or television commercials for the 86/87 Turbo Regals either. I have no idea why. I only remember a few variations of the Bad to the Bone commercial and that's it. " ... 200 horsepower ... no time for chrome ... "

I will look in the archives to see if I can find better pics.

I remember when I was young seeing a commercial with a GN, Porsche & other European cars & they were travelling on a highway & the GN leaves the pack behind. I only saw it once.
I agree they should have kept that interior going until 87. :)

I bought my car new in 87 and there really was no need for Buick to advertise.

Many dealers were charging over sticker price for the turbo cars and as many dealers do, they had no shame in gouging. I went to one dealer, Cook Buick in Arlington Hts, IL and they would not let me test drive the car unless I made a deal for the car with a deposit first! They now are out of business:tongue:

All 87 cars sold like hotcakes a few weeks before 12-31-86 because prior to that date you could deduct the taxes you paid on a new car on your income taxes. After 1-87 you could not deduct that anymore. I remember waiting in line at some dealers in December to waiting for a salesperson to be available because they were so busy!