Do I need a taller tire part II

malibu78

Went to the the track today great news and bad news. Taller tires worked great.

First pass @24lbs of boost 11.90 @ 113.48

I was a little disappointed my buddy says lets put two full turns into the wastegate and see what happens. After I do my burnout I decide to open the dump, I have an electric solenoid to open it. At 23lbs (I assumed boost dropped do to opening dump 11.74 at 114.88 no KR 02 volts were @ 761

I put the boost up to 24 lbs 11.63 at 115.89. I put a half turn into into it last run 11.60 at 116.22 24lbs of boost no KR and o2 volts @ .750 on 93 octane and the old style SMC Kit. Beautiful day 64 degrees 60% humidity pressure @ 30 hg. And people said I would be very lucky to just dip into the 11's :rolleyes: I think with an Identical day and 26lbs of boost and some 112 in the tank just for insurance purposes I think it will go 11.40's.

BAD News: When I got home and backed the car of the trailer the car slipped and dented the door :mad: Have to call Hagerty insurance in the morning and make a claim.

I said you would run those numbers. You need to get more fuel in there now before you go up in boost anymore. 11.40's are possible if everything is right on. What was your 60'? What did the clowns say that said you wouldnt dip into the 11's? Lol!

bison said:
I said you would run those numbers. You need to get more fuel in there now before you go up in boost anymore. 11.40's are possible if everything is right on. What was your 60'? What did the clowns say that said you wouldnt dip into the 11's? Lol!
ALSO LIKE I SAID MY 02 VOLTS WERE 750 AT THE LAST 300 FEET OF THE RUN ON BOTH THE 11.63 AND 11.60 RUN IS THIS "ok" SOME GN GUYS SAID THAT IS ON THE LEAN SIDE BUT IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH OCTANE AND NO KR YOU WILL BE OK? IS THIS TRUE

Here's the slip

60 1.62 only launched at 7lbs

660 7.445 at 98.2mph

1/4 11.60 at 116.22

THE CLOWNS WHO RUN BIG BLOCK INSIST MY ALKY SYSTEM IS N20 :) LIKE YOU SAID CLOWNS. A guy next to us had a 468 pontiac with "575Hp" to the ground. I lined up next to him on the 11.60 run he ran a 12.58. I told him if you have that kinda of power I must have 700 at the wheels(lol) He responded with turn your bottle off. My response was I'll turn of my "bottle" if when I beat you, you put a sign in your back window that says I lost to a v6 with half the cubes. :D

Its too close to say on the narrow band O2 sensor if .750 is ok. Its on the edge imo. You should keep it at no less than that. .780 would be a lot safer. You may want to get a wideband 02 and datalogger if you want to run right on the edge. The readings will be more accurate. Ive seen different O2 numbers of a couple tenths just by switching the sensor in between runs. :eek:Turn your fp up some more and add in more boost if numbers look good. Make sure your duty cycle is nearly maxed out on your chips. I cant recall what injector you have, but be sure not to lean out. Ive seen melt downs with no KR. Someimes adding a little timing and more octane will bring the egts's down a little. Do some suspension work and launch it harder. I always wonder if my car stalled when one of those noisey n/a engined cars stages next to me. I smack them good and then i often blow by them on the highway on the way home. Nothing like driving by the car you just whipped while its being trailered. Lol!

malibu78 said:
I have 009 fp was set at 49lbs with the line off.
In that case your pretty much topped out on fp. You may be able to get more duty cycle in your chip. Ive seen some go 118-119mph with the 009's.

Holy crap. I wish I had that 1/8th mile MPH. You're not picking up nearly enough MPH between the 1/8th and the 1/4. It's running very strong in the first half of your run but seems to be falling down after that. Running 98 MPH in the 1/8th you should be well over 120 in the 1/4. Last time out I ran 116-117 in the 1/4 but only 90-92 in the 1/8th. I don't know enough to tell you what might be wrong, but I think you need to take a look at that.

Jim