Do flex fuel vehicles get more HP when filled with E-85?

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
I just filled my 2013 F-150 with some corn fuel for the first time, and my butt dyno says I gained a couple ponies, but it could just be in my head. Anyone know the answer?

I wouldn't think that you could without tuning for it.
But I'm only guessing. I am looking into a flex fuel system for my '09 CTS-V now.

The fuel sensor determines the alcohol content and the timing curve is maximized for the amount of alcohol so yes you will feel more power.

I wish we had e85 closer to me for my e-350. I heard it is slot cheaper per gallon but gets way worst fuel mileage.

I wish we had e85 closer to me for my e-350. I heard it is slot cheaper per gallon but gets way worst fuel mileage.

E350 you say?

Attachments

• 1397685583448.jpg
    1397685583448.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 1397685655589.jpg
    1397685655589.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 129
I know Flex meaning flexible but what about if it gets mixed which is bound to happen just from going back and forth on fill ups?

I know Flex meaning flexible but what about if it gets mixed which is bound to happen just from going back and forth on fill ups?

The Flex Fuel Sensor will "sense" the amount of E85 vs Unleaded and adjust timing. It also "senses" the consistency of the E85.

View attachment 220732
The gas guzzling warpig.

Wow! I've been driving the E350 for the past 3 weeks for work. I dont think I've seen it get above 11 MPG Average. I reset it every fill up. I tried to put E85 in it, but the man in charge said no. He said we put real gas in the van, the MOGAS! LOL

Even my 2010 Malibu feels more responsive on E85. I only get 15-16 MPG though. The nearest E85 station is 30 miles from me. Last time I filled it was when I went to go grab 30 gallons for the GN last Fall.

There's one E85 pump 1 mile from my work but it's reserved for Government vehicles only. :(

Wow! I've been driving the E350 for the past 3 weeks for work. I dont think I've seen it get above 11 MPG Average. I reset it every fill up. I tried to put E85 in it, but the man in charge said no. He said we put real gas in the van, the MOGAS! LOL

Even my 2010 Malibu feels more responsive on E85. I only get 15-16 MPG though. The nearest E85 station is 30 miles from me. Last time I filled it was when I went to go grab 30 gallons for the GN last Fall.

There's one E85 pump 1 mile from my work but it's reserved for Government vehicles only. :(

My van weights 9200 lbs with the body and a ll the tools and me. I never figured it out but I probably get around 9-10 mpg's

So far GM is the only manufacturer that claims more hp/tq on E-85. Yota's make the same power and just worse fuel economy...

If it made gains in my truck I would likely use it at least once in a while.