Discreet yet updated gauge

TurboHungry

So I started with this little guy cost me $8 from MCM Electronics

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1375850569.899726.jpg

After some work this is the result. Factory looking when the key is off but good info in wasted space for dummy lights we don't use.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1375851611.143826.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1375851646.806490.jpg

If you want a how to I can write that up another day. This got me to thinking though you could do this and make all of your non used dummy lights into your gauges. Plus the cost would be way lower than Dakota digital or any other options out there.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is nice! Would love a write up!

use those to show the readings from a Scanmaster, with the box hidden under the dash somewhere...

Your first quarter mile time was WAY better than your second one. :p;)

Volts, not so much.... :eek:

Great idea! It wold be very nice to use this for a complete digital set up with Boost, Oil PSI, Volts, FuelPressure, knock, all on one side. Even if nothing was identified, you would get used to where to look.

Thanks for the good feedback everyone, I will do the how to when I get the time this weekend to take it back apart so I can include pictures.

I have thought about producing a passenger or drivers side strip with your normal oil, boost, temp n volts i guess knock would actually be really easy too as you just need leds and not the segmented display. The display doesn't take up all the room so you could even add a symbol lit up by an led. I will price out the cost to see if it would be worth my time to make and sell. If I go that route myself ill do a how to anyway for the DIY guys

The part # is 21-12395 here is the link.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/21-12395