"Disableling" boost for transport

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
Shipping the car across country, and though it is supposed to stay on the truck the whole time, I was thinking of a way to prevent any hot rodding of the car. I have an external gate with a dial a boost, that lets me bring it down to 12 psi.. otherwise I was thinking of taking all the timing out of the car with the TT chip. Any suggestions ?

"Disabling" :rolleyes:

I wonder if putting some padding under your carpet so the tps couldn't go over 2 volts would work

I ship cars all the time, I'm an auto dealer. They note the miles before and after, I've never had a car driven and have moved some very high end units

If you remove the wastegate spring, it should run in an 'open' position as soon as the car is started, keeping the car at little to no boost until the spring is put back in.

he has an external wastegate so it's not as easy as just popping off the wastegate rod.

find a tight fitting PVC pipe plug and put it in side the air filter neck. Drill a 1/2 hole and that should allow it to be moved safely and effectively choke the shit out of the engine.

unplug a few things under the hood and keep note of them.
Like the Crank position sensor.
Remove a few key things also.

D

I wouldn't worry about it much but if you want to be cautious can't you just loosen the intake tubes so they would pop off at higher boost?

Heres an idea USE A REPUTABLE CARRIER...that way you dont have to worry about them doing things like that..Dont totally disable the car you increase your chances of damaging it by doing that.....I haul cars every week some high end some not and i treat my customers cars like they should be treated after all its how i eat and its a word of mouth buisness.....

Who do you work with/through ? I am transporting them to Macomb, MI. Finding reputable companies is like finding a needle in a haystack - bad reviews, "F" BBB ratings, bought and paid for reviews.... they make used car salesmen look reputable. Thinking of using honeybeeautotransport.com as recommended by someone on here.

I didn't mean pop the rod off, but actually open up the WG as if he was going to put a different pressure spring in it, and just don't put the spring back in. It will effectively be an open dump bypassing the hotside of the turbine like when you're at full boost. Still perfectly drivable, but it shouldn't boost unless you just get a little creep at extreme loads/high RPM's.

I own my own company i started it a few years ago, ive never heard of honey bees auto transport but then again im in mich and you are on the west coast so they may be just fine....I just dropped these off at the carlisle spring show today...
carlisle spring 2013.jpg

Just thinking with an internal waste gate like mine, couldn't you just remove the roach clip and pop the rod off the arm ;).

I found them on the transport website i think...if this is themHoney Bee Auto Transport LLC
Broker 898 Glenn St
Chico, CA 95928

If thats them then they have been in buisness since 2008 and they have 518 positive ratings and no negative ratings so they are 100% on the car hauler website load board.......You cant pay for good ratings on there, your customers have to rate you one at a time per their experience while using you as a hauler.....feel free to pm me if you got any questions i can help with.....rates,
shipping tips etc.......That or ill give you my cell and you can call me....Ive been running mostly east coast the rates are too low on the west coast for me to make a living using a three car trailer otherwise id tell you id do it for ya.......HTH

I'll probably be looking you up with other locals when I get settled back home in a few weeks.. thanks

I also used an auto transporter, delivered the car from NY to SC, and the only thing I notice was the gas tank had 2 gal. of gas where as before I had 11 gal.
Keep an eye on that after delivery

I like the idea about the waste gate rod. uh oh.. you said external. I wonder if you could re-route some hoses??
I don't like the taking the timing out. Well you could do it just remember to put it back once you get the car , but say the battery some kind of way gets unhooked? Then the person puts it back , your settings are back to default. fuel & every thing. What ever you do write it down.
Another thing take the Alky & turn it wide open. That way if they get on it it will flood it out and and spit and sputter and the individual will think they tore something up and get out of it. And hopefully park the car or Put it back .:oops:
Like the guys said though someone reputable wouldn't do that and you'll be alright.
But that's what I'm gonna do when I let this shop put in my gears on my car I know they're gonna get on it.lol

williamsGN said:
Shipping the car across country, and though it is supposed to stay on the truck the whole time, I was thinking of a way to prevent any hot rodding of the car. I have an external gate with a dial a boost, that lets me bring it down to 12 psi.. otherwise I was thinking of taking all the timing out of the car with the TT chip. Any suggestions ?

"Disabling" :rolleyes:

Does Eric's chip have a valet setting? Do you have 2-step? TR6?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick