Dirty Jerzey GN needs some love! smokin like a crackhead!

PhilthMonger

howdy folks, just picked up a GN that needs some love.....here's a little background.....it's an 84 with an 87 drivetrain. seems to have the correct motor trans ecu, but I still have to run some numbers to verify this. I usually don't like to deal with other people's abortions, the punk who had it apparently spent alot of money to buy the car and ran it to the ground. it needs love, but it's worthy....so here's the problem: BLOWS SMOKE!! I changed the pcv valve yesterday, and vented it to a catch can....smoke seems to be slowly going away now. there are breathers on the valve covers, now THEY are smoking! is this normal and should be expected? I have owned alot of turbo cars with breathers on their valve covers, this is the first time I have ever seen smoke physically come out at idle. anyways, at least the compression is good....148/150 across the board. This local chevy guy tells me there is problems with the intake on the Buick 3.8's sucking in smoke due to the design....any validity to this? figured as much with the pcv thing clearing up some of the smoke....if anyone has any input on this it would be greatly appreciated! Actually, if anyone in North Jersey knows the history of the car, I'd appreciate some input. THANKS :cool: