Direct scan

kilhef

I need help. I have A turbo trans am for nine years. I put A k&n cone filter { the bigest one I could stuff under the hood ] had a local pipe shop run A 3 inch pipe from the turbo down pipe through one flowmaster muffler with two 2.5 tailpipes, put an adjustable regulator on, and borowed A blaster chip from my brother in laws GN. I ran A 12.99 in good conditions. I finelly bought A scan tool. Direct scan is the way I went. The problem I have is, I do not know what to do with all this info. TPS, LV8,MAF,IAC,ATC ???? Please help. Thanx A bunch.

Welcome,
This post really needs to be in the scantool section of the board. There is a website, BM Computersource

Read through this, hope it helps.

TPS= throttle position sensor
IAC= Idle air control
MAF= Mass Air Flow
LV8= Load
IAT= Intake Air Temp sensor
RPM= :)

and our favorite Knock
:eek:

In all reality, you can just ignore for the most part 90% of what you see on the screen and only pay attention to things like O2's, knock, BLM's, and occasionally look at things like MAF, inj DC etc..

If you only focus on the biggies and occasionally glance at the other numbers and start to understand what they should be under a given set of circumstances, you will be able to tell when something is out of whack when you have a problem.

Perfect example is if your BLM numbers range from 116 in one cell to 150 in another, odds are you have an exhaust leak wheather you can hear it or not.

HTH