Devilsown

shine1stang

anyone have experience with the devils own alky injection kits? It has a progressive controller, and looks to be a pretty nice kit. Thoughts? It seems that the buick guys seem to be more knowledgeable about the alky injection, so any help would be wonderful!

The AlkyControl kit is whats used here mostly. The DevilsOwn guys post a lot over on SRTForums so you might find some more info there. I believe CoolingMist also posts over there.

We manufacture our own controller that replaces everyone else's controllers and has tons of useful features like built in data logging, closed loop boost controller, wideband tracking and a non linear methanol delivery.

If you'd like to take a look at our controller, the website is http://www.isacalky.com

Thanks Jay! Im looking around at all options at this point to see which one would best suit me. In turning up the boost im either gonna need more oct, or a alky kit. I really dont wanna run race gas on the street! I get crappy gas mileage with my car (no od) so trips to the track will get expensive with race gas.

Its just like everything. You get what you pay for. As the car becomes faster so do issues with safety.

I can make a kit for practically any car. I think the best approach to these systems is to break it down as to what you need, the tank/pump/lines/filtering/low level/wiring/controller/and tech support. Each one of those points has its way of getting done.. and needs to be addressed individually. Once you nail down all those points.. you have a killer system.

Money is what typically separates the decision making. Becuase as the quality of termination, hoses, fittings, etc goes up.. so does the cost. There is no free lunch.

HTH

Alkycontrol is the best, hands down. But now this is only my opinion. And that's for turbo Buicks. However, sometimes owners of a particular car, platform, or model seem to take a liking to a particular brand of alky / methanol injection for specific reasons.
Regardless, alkycontrol is the most loved of the darkside.

Alkycontrol is the best, hands down. But now this is only my opinion. And that's for turbo Buicks. However, sometimes owners of a particular car, platform, or model seem to take a liking to a particular brand of alky / methanol injection for specific reasons.
Regardless, alkycontrol is the most loved of the darkside.

+1 :biggrin:

anyone have experience with the devils own alky injection kits? It has a progressive controller, and looks to be a pretty nice kit. Thoughts? It seems that the buick guys seem to be more knowledgeable about the alky injection, so any help would be wonderful!

I had a Devils Own kit on my last car for about 2 years with no problems. My car ran mid to high 10's. At the time they did not have an option for dual nozzles but I added my own and it worked great. I sold the kit to another board member and planned to go with an XFI and E85 with the tank sensor but later decided not too. I then bought a Alky Control kit with dual nozzles and the car ran exactly the same. I used the same chip(TT Alky Chip) and the logs were identical with both kits. The ALky control kit did have more bells and whistles but it did cost more also so all in all I found them to be pretty comparable. I will be in the market soon for another kit for my new car and I will look into all of the available kit but I would consider a Devils Own kit again.

thanks for all your input guys.
I called Julio this afternoon and we talked for a while. Seems like a great guy, and very informative. I will be getting one of his kits, once my tax money comes in. I was planing on running a mix of water and meth, but after the discussion ive decided to run straight meth.