DBB 70 WG install

Alaskabuick

Anyone else running this with a THDP puck sytyle WG with this turbo?

I installed my WG acuator from PTE and it does not line up correctly. I have to pull the rod over to about a 25degree angle and adjust the threaded rod almost all the way out to get it to attach. I have the H cover w/3" outlet.

Is this right? it is in a bind and not sure this will work, will post some pics when I get a chance

By the way the water cooling fittings from PTE are really nice pieces, recomend getting them rather then fabing up your own.

The 70GTQ DBB does seem to perform well, had her out yesterday, up to about 22 psi, getting her tuned in on the FAST. Was kind of dissapointed at 1st, did not feel much different then my 67. But then I realized that I am still running my SMASHED exhaust from last fall when I ripped my driveshaft in half, basically have a single 2-3/4" exhaust now. So I hit my electric dump and she jumped up to 26 psi and it was on! definatly some G forces going on...

By

Please give us more updates as the tuning progresses.
What rpm does the turbo start to spool at???

spool

Hey John,

only had her our once yesterday, seems to be doing well on the same tune as the 67, keep her a little fat, running bout 10.5:1 AFR, 90 octane w/razors alky, 23 deg timming, no knock.

It seems to spool about like my 67, but I just remembered I am running a strait line to my WG, will install my RJC boost controller and see if that helps spool, (spool is just fine now, but we will see).

From what I can tell now, pulls at 22 psi with smashed exhaust like my 67 did at 25psi and spools up the same.

I have not had much experience with larger turbos so I dont have alot to compare this too. It AINT SlOW that is for sure!

I have a whole list of chores to do in the yard today (spring is here) then maybe I can sneak off and play..

Anyone know what the sweet spot on this turbo is?
Den

Sounds like you're having some fun again.

Here's your answer.....

25-32

Patrick

Fun

Oh Yeah Im having some fun again.

Been a long winter for sure.

25-30? It is brutal at 22, very smooth but not messing around very strong.

Ok Had a little time to play around today to see where it starts to pull at. On the street just rollling on in about any gear it hits at 3900-4000. That is where it comes on at. I like it, starting to get a better fell for it now.

Now Im not the best at tunning, just starting to learn the fast system , Im sure I am fat on the bottem end.

Could use some advise on tunning for throttle response when you 1st lay into it. I think I got the WOT tuning part down.

Dennis

Interested to know if you have

Ported Heads?
Roller Cam?
.63 or .85 exhaust housing?
Stock boost solenoid?

Your alky turn on point might need to be moved up a tad if you feel like it is a bit lazy down low. Talk to Razor as he will be able to help on that.

details

Interested to know if you have

Ported Heads?
Roller Cam?
.63 or .85 exhaust housing?
Stock boost solenoid?

Your alky turn on point might need to be moved up a tad if you feel like it is a bit lazy down low. Talk to Razor as he will be able to help on that.

I have Champ Alum heads, .85 GTQ. 3.5THDP, 18lb selenoid, 212/212 roller w/885 lifters.

Not sure of my turn on point with the Alky? I think it is still at the factory setting?