Dave Bamford runs 9.62@138.9

WOW! Gulp, :eek: What happened to the 9.80s and 9.70s everyone was hoping for?

I don't know how many times I must repeat this, but the PT70-GTQ without the ported shroud cover is legal for TSM racing. Always has been always will be.

Note that today is the day for collecting points. Although David and Roy whipped out their "units", those runs don't count in the TSM point series for collecting points or setting season records. However, that comment prolly doesn't mean too much seeing how the weather is looking better. Wow! 9.50s are in the air!

Further notes from Reynolds:

Louie Lopez - 10.10
Dave Stinson - 10.50
Guy Robinson - 10.40
Lonnie Diers - 10.90 with a big header leak and can't exceed 20psi
And Lonnie says there were 2 or 3 other cars with TSM on the windows that were in the 10.20 range.

In the immortal words of Flounder - "Oh Boy this is gonna be great!"

To answer my own question...

>Are these stock block cars?

From the TSM page:
"Buick V6 production block casting (generally the 25526109 block, although, older non-Stage blocks allowed)."

To quote Bluto from Animal House...."Holy Sh!t"

Very impressive guys! For years we were stunned with Ryan Guys stock-block 9.99 out here on the left coast. At the time it seemed like 9.50's were unthinkable! Whats next???? the first 8.99 stock block run?
:confused:

"Hat's Off" for all the enthusiasm/efforts/energy on display from the TSM class and participants!

Rock on!! :) :eek: :)

TSM

WOW! Dave and Tony you guys rock. The bar just keeps getting lower and lower! Good luck to all.

Steve Pitts:eek:

1st TSM 9.50 Car

News Flash!!!:eek:

Just got an update from Dave Bamford.

1st Official TSM Qualification run for Dave:

9.57@142.36:eek:

Congratulations Dave, Great Job.

Joe

Re: 1st TSM 9.50 Car

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
News Flash!!!:eek:

Just got an update from Dave Bamford.

1st Official TSM Qualification run for Dave:

9.57@142.36:eek:

Congratulations Dave, Great Job.

Joe

Again HOLY ****!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

tsm

I Think Im gonna be sick all winter! na awesome runs guys wish I could of made it. somebody please post the results. this is gonna cost me alot of money thanks alot this headsup racing is awesome.

Congrats!!

Wow thats haulin some serious a**!!!
Was going to put my other 3.8 in over the winter but i think i will just drop in the stage II........that 9.5 et is going to be real hard to compete against!

Originally posted by Scott231
Further notes from Reynolds:

Louie Lopez - 10.10
Dave Stinson - 10.50
Guy Robinson - 10.40
Lonnie Diers - 10.90 with a big header leak and can't exceed 20psi
And Lonnie says there were 2 or 3 other cars with TSM on the windows that were in the 10.20 range.

In the immortal words of Flounder - "Oh Boy this is gonna be great!"

Gui Robinson went 10.05@135 (9.97@135 after the TSM race ended)

Scott Clairage 10.3 something at 133 mph

There were a couple other cars there that were in the 10.50 range. Roy was the first to whip out the big unit with a 9.64. The big race between Bamford and Garcia was building as they were going back and forth 9.64 to a 9.61 and so on. In the end Dave laid down the 9.57 to win the low ET war. Everyone following the race could not wait for those 2 to pair up but Garcia broke:( guess we will need to wait until next year to see the showdown. This was a fast TSM field. There are several that are close to 9 sec runs and i am sure they will there next year. I had a great time even though my car ran like crap and I drove 24 hrs in 3 days.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
OK, so he is running a lot of timing. :) Probably 32+ degrees in 1st and 2nd, and a hair less in third. Chances are, Roy's car could be under 30 psi also, i know his tuner(laz) likes timing.

32+ degrees timing:eek:

I didn't think anyone would seriously do that and fleet with detonation. ???

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
32+ degrees timing:eek:

I didn't think anyone would seriously do that and fleet with detonation. ???

Joe

The most I have heard of is 30, and that was in a small turbo, bolt on car that ran high 11's. So I would think a TSM car with forged internals could handle more then that, provided the tune is right....

Indeed the TSM cars were flying. When Roy and Bamford dropped the 9.60s I almost fell over. ;)

There would be no 9.90s for me this week end, which was too bad considering the nice cool air. I was blowing right through my new converter. The slip was so bad you coulnt hear the shift changes.Probably killed about 5 mph from all my 10 sec passes. I also had to fight traction problems on almost every pass at the 330 mark. I was really having to drive it. Even so the car ran in the low 10 teens. For that I give a big thanks to Cal Hartline, he tuned and made the best he could out of that converter problem.Thanks Bud!

I did have some impressive 11 sec passes trying to get the boost controller set up correctly:
I ran a 11.03 at 118 on 14 psi !:eek:
Did a 11.63 at 114 on 11 psi !
No 9.60s but those low boost 11s would make a killer street car!
:D

During competition I qualified #4(I think) had a bye run and then got stuck with Bamford! Needless to say that ended my day. I knew I was going to get beat so i figured i try to show off. Put a 1.39 60ft wheels up on him but thats all i had.

Overall had a great time.Very laid back event you could have made 50 passes a day if you wanted to.

Originally posted by Louie L.
Overall had a great time.Very laid back event you could have made 50 passes a day if you wanted to.
Yep, Lonnie said he got in 25 between late Friday night and Saturday.