Dave Bamford runs 9.62@138.9

Joe Lubrant

" The Right Stuff "
Just got a call from TOP GUN-Dave Bamford.

1st pass TT at Reynolds netted his TSM Car a 9.62@138.9 mph.

:eek:

Joe

BTW, I better see a video of this pass because if I don't there will be serious ramifications!!!:D :cool: ;)

Originally posted by 86brick
BTW, I better see a video of this pass because if I don't there will be serious ramifications!!!:D :cool: ;)

Ruh roh... someone post a vid.... you don't want to piss off the big man there! ;)

Brick, didn't you say you were buiding a motor to beat him couple months back??

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Brick, didn't you say you were buiding a motor to beat him couple months back??

Scott, LOL where in the hell did you get that from????

I've never said anything about building any motor to beat anybody and to be honest at this point in my life I may be able to afford the turbo he has but that's about it!!!

Crack is bad for you:eek:

It was a question, not a statement. I know someone down there in fla posted they were and I was wondering if it was you. BTW, you can't afford a stage motor if your on the pipe.:)

It was a question, not a statement. I know someone down there in fla posted they were and I was wondering if it was you. BTW, you can't afford a stage motor if your on the pipe.:)

Okay I think I know who you are talking about....... Think his user name was Wht87T but if my memory serves me correct Cal was building his motor kind of like Bamfords with all the goodies (Billet stroker crank, forged rods, GN1 aluminum heads, etc. and of course a FAST system)..... I'm pretty sure that guy moved back up to NJ and I haven't seen him post on here in a while.....

BTW, I've seen some guys down here from Miami that were on pipe and/or selling it and they could afford 10 stage motors if they wanted (not joking):)

Okay I think I know who you are talking about....... Think his user name was Wht87T but if my memory serves me correct Cal was building his motor kind of like Bamfords with all the goodies (Billet stroker crank, forged rods, GN1 aluminum heads, etc. and of course a FAST system)..... I'm pretty sure that guy moved back up to NJ and I haven't seen him post on here in a while.....

EXACTLY.. I know he put up pics of his roll cage. Sorry, I musta got the names mixed up.

So, what turbo was on Dave's car for that pass?? Honestly?? 'Cause I've been in touch with some people at the track, via Nextel, that saw the pass.

K.

EXACTLY.. I know he put up pics of his roll cage. Sorry, I musta got the names mixed up.

Yeah I don't know what ever happened to him?? Guess we may see him trying to beat Dave next year in TSM........

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
So, what turbo was on Dave's car for that pass?? Honestly?? 'Cause I've been in touch with some people at the track, via Nextel, that saw the pass.

K.

I would think it is a regular PT70 3-bolt with a Q-trim wheel cause as far as I know the PT70 GTQ is still NOT legal for TSM until next year.......

Maybe Joe can chime in on this.......

Originally posted by NCTURBOS

K.

If you've been in touch with people that are there, why not ask them to ask him? I would assume if he is testing and tuning for TSM, it would be TSM legal, which would mean a standard pt70-q trim..

Top Gun is the man, any updates???
I guess DLS whipped his motor into shape!!!

Originally posted by blackshoebox
If you've been in touch with people that are there, why not ask them to ask him? I would assume if he is testing and tuning for TSM, it would be TSM legal, which would mean a standard pt70-q trim..

That's why I asked for a "honest" response from Joe. I wouldn't want to assume anything!! Trust me, it being a "70" is a legit question!!

K.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Top Gun is the man, any updates???
I guess DLS whipped his motor into shape!!!

Yeah you're not kiddin' John! According to the good ol' trusty HP calculator http://home.neo.rr.com/jturrin/calchp1.htm if Dave's car weighs 3550lbs w/ him in it (he has aluminum heads so it has to weigh at least 3550lbs according to the TSM rules) he is making 861fwhp and 765rwhp:eek:

Dan Strezo's build and Joe's tuning is key in keeping Dave's stock block in one piece!!!

Originally posted by 86brick
Yeah you're not kiddin' John! According to the good ol' trusty HP calculator http://home.neo.rr.com/jturrin/calchp1.htm if Dave's car weighs 3550lbs w/ him in it (he has aluminum heads so it has to weigh at least 3550lbs according to the TSM rules) he is making 861fwhp and 765rwhp:eek:

Dan Strezo's build and Joe's tuning is key in keeping Dave's stock block in one piece!!!

:cool:

First let me say that Daves Car was put together to meet the TSM rules as written.
Secondly Dave is one Heck of a driver & tuner in his own right. Dave & his brother Mike do a great job keeping the car fit for duty.

The Turbo is a PT70 GTQ
It has a 70MM Compressor Wheel and the Cover is of standard size and configuration per the current TSM rules.

I am pleased Dave was able to accomplish his goals for the car this year.
Dan Strezo, Jim Byrne, & I were glad to help were we could.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
:cool:

First let me say that Daves Car was put together to meet the TSM rules as written.
Secondly Dave is one Heck of a driver & tuner in his own right. Dave & his brother Mike do a great job keeping the car fit for duty.

The Turbo is a PT70 GTQ
It has a 70MM Compressor Wheel and the Cover is of standard size and configuration per the current TSM rules.

I am pleased Dave was able to accomplish his goals for the car this year.
Dan Strezo, Jim Byrne, & I were glad to help were we could.

Joe

Okay that makes sense.... The PT70 GTQ is the legal turbo for TSM this year so I guess the PT71 GTQ is the turbo that will be legal next year..... Dave is definitely one helluva driver, but he always seems to mention you when it comes to the tuning of the FAST (guess he's just being modest):) :cool: