UPDATE: Dave went 141.27 mph on his last pass

Garcia went 9.64 @ 140... :eek: :eek:

Ladies and gents....we got an old fashioned SHOWDOWN tomarrow :cool:

Originally posted by Trbobuick

:eek: :D :cool:

I plan on running Dave and Jason at Bowling Green next year, But they are both improving ET's very rapidly. Don't think I will win. But I do think it will be in the right E.T. Range. They are hard people to keep up with.......

Wow.... Garcia and Bamford are pushing the limits like I never thought was imaginable.

Originally posted by Intercooler
What have they got for bottom ends and head gaskets?:eek: :D

Not sure about Mr. Garcia.

Dave's bottom end is forged crank with Steel Caps. His head gaskets are Felpro wire locks.

Complete Engine build-up by Dan Strezo of DLS Engineering (formerlly with PT&E).

I spoke with Dave this evening about his car, and everthing is fine ..."no carnage", just needs to wax & polish and race tomorrow.

Not sure if anyone else in the class is having carnage problems???

Joe

Remember that 9.50 car i was telling y'all about and most of you were waiving the BS flag ? ......

Only .03 seconds away . :cool:

If its cool out tomarrow and it hooks i can see a 9.40 in the cards.

Thanks for the update! Those guys are flyin'!!!:eek:

Wonder how cool the air is in Reynolds??

I knew Laz and Roy would not go down without a fight:D

WOW....:eek:

Good luck guys....

Remember that 9.50 car i was telling y'all about and most of you were waiving the BS flag ? ......

Only .03 seconds away . :cool:

If its cool out tomarrow and it hooks i can see a 9.40 in the cards.

I never waved the BS flag......

I wonder how fast Dave's car could go with that PT76 GTQ?? Maybe we'll find out at the Bradenton event in the 109 Outlaw class?!;)

Just imagine how fast Dave and Roy would be if their cars weighed 3000lbs:eek:

Where are they getting the 40+ PSI boost gauges?:D

Not sure where you can buy them, :confused:
I know Dave hasn't used up his 30# gauge yet. :eek:

Joe

WOW...........Congrats to all.

Those cars sure are flying.............sure Buick engineers never imagined what we're seeing for sure.

Best of luck to all.

So he is under 30 PSI.... His heads must really be flowing! Wonder what the flow numbers intake/exhaust on those heads look like?

So he is under 30 PSI.... His heads must really be flowing! Wonder what the flow numbers intake/exhaust on those heads look like?

I wonder how much boost Roy is running considering he still has iron heads??:eek:

Originally posted by 86brick
I wonder how much boost Roy is running considering he still has iron heads??:eek:

:confused: My guess would be at least 30# maybe more.
I never tried to calc the true difference in power potential, but by the rules we know the Iron Headed cars do get the weight break, and all cars are limited to the maximum power that a 3-bolt 70mm turbo can provide.

By the times Dave & Roy have posted so far, it seems the rules have somewhat equalized the performance potential of either type of combination.

In addition some decided to stay with 200r4s, with stock type rears, others went TH400's & 9" Ford rears. Each have advantages & disadvantages, the list goes on etc.

Hats off to those who put the TSM class together, and all that particpate. Its a very exciting class to watch and talk about.
All the racers/participants are a class act for sure.

Good Luck & Safe Racing to all at Reynolds.

Joe

Reynolds- phenomenal times!

Many are really cookin' at the track as from a first hand update from being there. Today's weather is MUCH cooler with expected highs at about 65 degrees and less humidity. Yesterday was at about 80 degrees so you do the math. I'll bet this could be good for shaving a tenth or so off as compared to yesterday. The Buicks stunned everyone for the regular Fri night program too as spectators were totally amazed. The reactions on their faces when one of our little v6's won against a rip roarin' v8 BB was priceless! Hats off to our boy Jr too from Hepzibah as he netted a 11.25 pass in his rosewood car. He was stoked! Sorry I didn't get names with times for an update. Saw several Mustangs going down in carnage runs but didn't see any Buick v6 casualities! How's that?? :cool: Those extra shots of NAWS caused some expensive lessons in trying to whup up on the little hairdryers! Nice to see Poston there too as a vendor (1st time) even if they forgot to bring the needed turbo goodies! :eek: Black Demon (Mike Waters) and I will be going back out to the track pretty soon and we'll see if we can update. Pretty big turnout yesterday and expected to be larger today.

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
Not sure where you can buy them, :confused:
I know Dave hasn't used up his 30# gauge yet. :eek:

Joe

OK, so he is running a lot of timing. :) Probably 32+ degrees in 1st and 2nd, and a hair less in third. Chances are, Roy's car could be under 30 psi also, i know his tuner(laz) likes timing.