Danny-Bee Belt Drives / Anyone Intrested??

Ok here is the list as I see it so far!!!

1 - George (oldtimer) - 1 or possibly 2

2 - Willard Brown - 1

3 - Friend in Edmonton - 1

4 - FXDXLR8 - 1 or possibly 2

5 - Booher - 1 or possibly 2

6 - Steve Thompson - 1

I have been in touch with Danny-bee to start the ball rolling and get more details. But we still dont have quite enough to actually get it started. BTW when they are ordered , the people on this list are the first in line. Please put the word out to anyone that you think may want one!! Mike:cool:

mike,

i would like to get one...but...i have to figure out the rest of building an ohc 350 beforehand. at least i know this cost of the project. i will keep in touch.

thanks
john

Hey John,

if you are serious about getting a belt drive, it might be a good idea to get your name and committment down on this list NOW, as it may be a very long time before Mike can get "another" list of 10 to allow Danny Bee to do another run.

Just a suggestion ;)

George

In order of strength and accuracy of timing:
timing chain - lowest
gear drive - my one assembled engine has a Milodon on it
belt drive- the Danny Bee unit

Mike are there any other supporting products to get immediately if I did get this piece?

In order of strength and accuracy of timing:
timing chain - lowest
gear drive - my one assembled engine has a Milodon on it
belt drive- the Danny Bee unit

Mike are there any other supporting products to get immediately if I did get this piece?

Remote water pumps are readily available from several suppliers but will still require a bit of fab work , I built a cam driven dist for Dave Fiscus engine and then others wanted the same. While it worked it well it wasnt the greatest for durability. I believe Hartline can fix you up with either a Jesel belt driven dist. or coil on plug now!! My old dist. will probably be available as those that have them step up to the belt driven or C-on-Plug setup. Oil pumps are available from lots of mfg. but I dont know of any that will just bolt on our engines (Fab required)Maybe others will chime in that have done all these things as I have not!! Hope that helps!! Mike:cool:

Ok here is the corrected list , had two entrys for the same person and added one!!!

2 - Willard Brown - 1

3 -Greg FXDXLR8 - 1 or possibly 2

4 - Booher - 1 or possibly 2

5 - Steve Thompson - 1

6 - Phil Bassage (PDZZ) -1

Mike, how many do you need for Danny Bee to make the belt drives?

Although I don't need one, I could purchase a spare.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy , Im not totally sure! I told him I could get an order together for 10 units and he was fine with that. Sounds like things might have slowed down a bit out there cause he was really happy to make 10. I think were going to be all right , Im sure there will be a few more sign up!! Your welcome to get another but I dont believe its going to be necessary. Thanks Mike:cool:

Retention Plate

Thanks for pointing out that the plate comes with the belt drive.

I won't be ordering one right now then.

I will take the info you gave me to my machinist's and find out more about the cam bearings.

Greg

Ok here is the latest list , added one!!!

2 - Willard Brown - 1

3 -Greg FXDXLR8 - 1 or possibly 2

5 - Steve Thompson - 1

7 - Bobby (RPE) -1

Hey John,

if you are serious about getting a belt drive, it might be a good idea to get your name and committment down on this list NOW, as it may be a very long time before Mike can get "another" list of 10 to allow Danny Bee to do another run.

Just a suggestion ;)

George

i talked to mike about what i'm doing. building the ohc 350 will require a lot of misc parts. i do like the danny bee set up. it also lets me be able to run a hilborn. i have also looked at the rover timing covers. setting up the oil pump and coolant will definately be different than what you guys will use. ignition wise, i will use a set up similar to a front flathead dual point. i'm not into the fancy electronics stuff. its way beyond my capabilities. lol
aluminum for the ohc is $5-600, additional work i cant do $$
gears and belts $?
danny bee $1100
indexable camshafts $2000?? try explaining this to the cam shaft builders.
oil and coolant set up $??
and i do this stuff just to prove it can be done. :biggrin:

I talked to Danny-Bee today. It will be the first couple weeks in January before he has enough info together to get us a price. Just passing along info!!! Mike:cool:

Danny Bee called me today . Parts are in process as we speak. He wants me to send him one of my units so that he can matchup the front cover design exactly. He is hoping to have the units ready to ship around the end of Febuary!! He still doesnt have his pricing together , but basically promised me he would get it to me next week!!! Mike:cool:

Ok here is the latest list , added one!!!

2 - Willard Brown - 1

3 - Greg FXDXLR8 - 1 or possibly 2

5 - Steve Thompson - 1

7 - Bobby (RPE) -1

8 - Street-T - 1

Just talked to Danny Bee. Belt drives are all done except they are waiting on the belts and ARP idler pulley studs. Sould be ready to ship in about 3 weeks!!

Your cost is going to be $1265.00 shipped to your door!!

Please send your money ASAP so I can get him a check before they are finished to speed up the process.

Make checks payable to - Booher Precision Products 7632 Downing Street Dayton , Ohio 45414

Please attach your TB.com name , and full shipping address to check so I know where to send your belt drive.

Thanks Mike:cool:

Its been 2 weeks since I requested payment for belt drives!! I have only heard from 3 people!! The rest of you need to let me know what your doing please!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Is this upgrade something that would be practical on a mostly street driven stage2 block with champ gn-1s? I was planning on going to a distributed setup anyway and already have the msd distributr also have a miloden gear drive and STage2 front cover?