Danny-Bee Belt Drives / Anyone Intrested??

BlownV6

I bought out all the Danny-Bee belt drives that were available last winter to insure that I had all that I wanted. Over the past 6 months I have sold off a number of them, and now Im getting down to the minimum number that I wish to keep.
Danny-Bee told me that IF , I got a minimum order of 10 together he would make more. So anyone that may be considering a belt drive needs to
speak up now so that I can consider placing another order!!! I have been selling these for $1100.00 . There is a lot of other work that you will need to do to make this set-up work on your car (water pump and distributor).
Anyone that may be intrested please POST IT HERE !! thanks Mike:cool:

Mike

You also need an external oil pump also.

This is a super quality piece, no junk about this belt drive.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I bought out all the Danny-Bee belt drives that were available last winter to insure that I had all that I wanted. Over the past 6 months I have sold off a number of them, and now Im getting down to the minimum number that I wish to keep.
Danny-Bee told me that IF , I got a minimum order of 10 together he would make more. So anyone that may be considering a belt drive needs to
speak up now so that I can consider placing another order!!! I have been selling these for $1100.00 . There is a lot of other work that you will need to do to make this set-up work on your car (water pump and distributor).
Anyone that may be intrested please POST IT HERE !! thanks Mike:cool:

Mike,

Put me on your list !

Thanks,

George

Ok I have had a number of request for these belt drives this year. I have no intensions of selling any of the remaining belt drives I have left!!

Anyone that wants one , or may know someone who wants one needs to get serious and speak up NOW!! I will not jerk Danny-Bee around until Im sure we can order at least 10 units!! If your intrested please signup here!!

Thanks Mike:cool:

Mike, I would be interested too. I have a couple of questions. I'll give you a call. Thanks, Phil.

Ok I have had a number of request for these belt drives this year. I have no intensions of selling any of the remaining belt drives I have left!!

Anyone that wants one , or may know someone who wants one needs to get serious and speak up NOW!! I will not jerk Danny-Bee around until Im sure we can order at least 10 units!! If your intrested please signup here!!

Thanks Mike:cool:

Hey Mike,

You know I want one and you know Willard Brown wants one. My friend in Edmonton also wants one. If push comes to shove, I would buy 2 sets to help make the order up to 10. I believe my friend would also buy 2 sets if necessary. I've just texted Greg.

Thanks for your efforts on this.

George, in ALBERTA

George, OK I see you are committed to at least 1. Anyone else including Willard and your friend needs to get on here and commit to buy!! That way its not just here say, and everyone can see where they are on the list. Its easy to say I want one!! But paying for it after I have already paid for all them is what Im concerned with!! Thanks Mike:cool:

In!

Thanks for the heads up George.

Mike, I am in for one set-up. I don't mind paying in advance if need be.

I understand its a dry set-up. How is the cam/distributor gear oiled? I have a soild billet roller and an dutt style oil pump.

Does anyone have a old copy of the instructions they could scan and send to me?

I am heading out to the Grey Cup in a couple hours (Brrr). will check back online tonight.

Greg

Thanks for the heads up George.

Mike, I am in for one set-up. I don't mind paying in advance if need be.

I understand its a dry set-up. How is the cam/distributor gear oiled? I have a soild billet roller and an dutt style oil pump.

Does anyone have a old copy of the instructions they could scan and send to me. Greg

Greg, Please do a little reasearch on what is required to use one of these!! This setup is not for the fait hearted or people with no fabrication skills or talent. Nothing stock that is on the front cover will work with this belt drive!! Belt driven oil pump required , stock style cam sync , distributor and water pump will not work and must be driven in some other fashion. Im not trying to be an arsz!! I just want EVERYONE to understand that this is not just something you just bolt on!! Mike:cool:

Thanx

I apppreciate the reality check. The other post has some pics attached which explained alot for me. There are 3 related threads I am following Belt Drive/Water Pump/Timing Chain.Great info from all, Thank-you
I would like to know more about the distributor mod (I have a new 8551 MSD)and if an electric water pump will fit. Lastly would be the oil pump, I will do a search to learn more about that.

I don't mean to pollute Mike's thread with technical questions but I understand he is the "go to guy" for the distributor mod.

Greg,
There are a couple of good in-line water pumps available. The Meziere one is real nice mounted to the radiator. I may be able to get you a used belt driven dizzy, now that a few guys are swapping to coil on plug.

TTT for Mike

Greg, Please do a little reasearch on what is required to use one of these!! This setup is not for the fait hearted or people with no fabrication skills or talent. Nothing stock that is on the front cover will work with this belt drive!! Belt driven oil pump required , stock style cam sync , distributor and water pump will not work and must be driven in some other fashion. Im not trying to be an arsz!! I just want EVERYONE to understand that this is not just something you just bolt on!! Mike:cool:

Here is an old set up that I was running.

2675693550081788797S600x600Q85.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Great Pics

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words. That really helped show what all is involved. I'll ask Cal if he can source a belt drive dizzy, thanks for speaking up Cal. I will put together a shopping list for the rest of the conversion, I'm thinking the added cost of the remote oilling system may be the deal breaker for me. Thanks everyone for explaining the scope of the conversion and to Billy T. for the pics on this and the other thread, your motor is a masterpiece.

Research

Greg, Please do a little reasearch on what is required to use one of these!! I just want EVERYONE to understand that this is not just something you just bolt on!! Mike

Ok my homework is complete and I'm in. (no backing out)
Let me know how to settle up Mike.

And once again thanks to the Turbobuick Community (from Okotoks to Melbourne) for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

Hey Mike, I just talked with Greg (fxdxlr8 ) and if need be to get the count up, both he and I will commit for 2 belt drive set ups each. We both have 2 stage motors that we can equip. Let me know if you need Greg to post this directly. I would cover for him in any event.

How are we doing as far as head count so far. I noticed that Phil (pdzz) was interested but no definative commitment on the board yet.

George

is the price of 1100 the defined final price?

cause thats alot of cheese for a timing cover...

if its closer to 800 that seems much more resonable and (cough) affordable.

A.j.

i know 1100 might sound high for a timing cover. BUT this setup really solves a major problem that a serious buick v6 has in the timing chain breakage. As mike said there are some other things that also need to be done like water pump and distributor relocation. I was one of the first guys to go with this setup lately and I have been very pleased with what I got from Mike. In my opinion 1100 dollars plus the water pump and distributor is alot cheaper than fixing all the broken parts when the chain breaks. It will break, its just a matter of time!

Dave Fiscus

i know 1100 might sound high for a timing cover. BUT this setup really solves a major problem that a serious buick v6 has in the timing chain breakage. As mike said there are some other things that also need to be done like water pump and distributor relocation. I was one of the first guys to go with this setup lately and I have been very pleased with what I got from Mike. In my opinion 1100 dollars plus the water pump and distributor is alot cheaper than fixing all the broken parts when the chain breaks. It will break, its just a matter of time!

Dave Fiscus

Well said David !;)