Danny-Bee Belt Drives / Anyone Intrested??

Is this upgrade something that would be practical on a mostly street driven stage2 block with champ gn-1s? I was planning on going to a distributed setup anyway and already have the msd distributr also have a miloden gear drive and STage2 front cover?

I'm was at the Nats today and checked out Don Cruz's car. In short, I don't think it's a set-up you would want on the street. Could it be done, yes, you'll need alot of other mods, ie. dry-sump oil pump, water pump. Don's car is a work of art!! Thing is amazing!!

I know there is a lynch mob forming out there with me in mind:eek:. I called today and was PROMISED 2 more weeks!!! Now this is about the 6 or 7 time I have heard that same 2 more weeks , but maybe this time it will be true!! He was in LA picking up the crank pulleys and dropping them off at the black oxide plater ,then the end washers and retainer screws need to be installed. Goodyear made the wrong width belts , so they are pushing through the correct width belts as we speak. Thats the latest word I have.
Please dont hang the messenger!!! Mike:rolleyes::frown:

I know there is a lynch mob forming out there with me in mind:eek:. I called today and was PROMISED 2 more weeks!!! Now this is about the 6 or 7 time I have heard that same 2 more weeks , but maybe this time it will be true!! He was in LA picking up the crank pulleys and dropping them off at the black oxide platter ,then the end washers and retainer screws need to be installed. Goodyear made the wrong width belts , so they are pushing through the correct width belts as we speak. That's the latest word I have.
Please don't hang the messenger!!! Mike:rolleyes::frown:
Mike hows that 2 more weeks thing working out for ya? LOL are you sure the 2 of ya didn't take a trip to the islands or something? LOL

Mike hows that 2 more weeks thing working out for ya? LOL are you sure the 2 of ya didn't take a trip to the islands or something? LOL

Well I am leaving for Florida here in a few minutes (literally) to pick up my new dually. He wont let me send the money yet so Im sure hes not poking you!! Mike:cool:

Update!! Called Ted at Danny-bee last week. He told me there were problems with the belts and he would call me on monday. Well he finally called me here on Wed. Supposedly Ken Duttweiler , Goodyear and a Nascar engineer is now involved with development of the lastest and greatest belts that Nascar , Pro stock etc. are currently using and applying it to our belts. He said that he would just not ship the units without this new belt because of past issues and the fraying issue that just occured on the dyno with the belts and were made for us. Ted said that these new belts will cost considerably more but are nearly 6 times stronger. He appoliges to everyone waiting , but said he cannot , and will not compromise shipping these units witout the new belt technology as it will eventually reflect on him!!!

So there is your latest update!!! Sorry!!! Mike

Update!! Called Ted at Danny-bee last week. He told me there were problems with the belts and he would call me on monday. Well he finally called me here on Wed. Supposedly Ken Duttweiler , Goodyear and a Nascar engineer is now involved with development of the lastest and greatest belts that Nascar , Pro stock etc. are currently using and applying it to our belts. He said that he would just not ship the units without this new belt because of past issues and the fraying issue that just occured on the dyno with the belts and were made for us. Ted said that these new belts will cost considerably more but are nearly 6 times stronger. He appoliges to everyone waiting , but said he cannot , and will not compromise shipping these units witout the new belt technology as it will eventually reflect on him!!!

So there is your latest update!!! Sorry!!! Mike
Mike, let me know how much more your going to need. Thanks, Phil.

Mike, let me know how much more your going to need. Thanks, Phil.

Hopefully there will be no extra money involved. I believe he was just implying that the new belts were considerably more expensive than the original style belts. Lets see what happens!! Mike

Could the new style belt be used with the prior belt drives?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

99% sure that the new and old belts are completely interchangable. It will be available for anyone that wants to upgrade. I will have spares should anyone want one , although I dont know a price. Fiscus wants 2 belts to upgrade his. Mike

Anyone wanting to drop out of one of these units tell me and i might take your place?

Gene, I have a couple spares coming so if you want one send me a check. BTW I believe that he is shipping the units out this week!!
Mike

Gene, I have a couple spares coming so if you want one send me a check. BTW I believe that he is shipping the units out this week!!
Mike
Awesome!!! I'm ready for it. Thanks again, Mike!! Phil.

April 6th
Just talked to Danny Bee. Belt drives are all done except they are waiting on the belts and ARP idler pulley studs. Sould be ready to ship in about 3 weeks!!

Thanks Mike:cool:

June 7th
I called today and was PROMISED 2 more weeks!!! Mike:rolleyes::frown:

September 13th
I believe that he is shipping the units out this week!!
Mike

Sorry Mike but we have all heard these stories since 4/6/11

Trust me no one wants this OVER WITH more than I do!! Tired of feeling like the bad guy. Mike

Ted from Danny-Bee called on Saturday and talked to my wife. I had left a message last week wanting to know where in the heck my belt drives are!! He said they were shipped last Wed. and should be here on Tuesday 10/4. Lets all keep our fingers crossed!!
I will update and ship them as soon as I get my hands on them. Mike:cool:

Update!! I got a partial shipment on the belt drives friday. Didnt get any cam hubs or cam gears so I cant ship anything yet. Hopefully this will all come together monday or tuesday. Mike:rolleyes:

Attachments

• MVC-932S.JPG
    MVC-932S.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 492
  • MVC-933S.JPG
    MVC-933S.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 491
  • MVC-934S.JPG
    MVC-934S.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 489
Thanks again Mike for putting this together. See you in BG??? If so I can pick mine up there. Phil.

Got everything except the cam gears!! Seems they forgot to pack them!! Ted called me today and said that they would be here tomorrow. If they get here , Who wants me to bring theirs to the GS nationals??? I will be there Friday!! Mike

Got everything except the cam gears!! Seems they forgot to pack them!! Ted called me today and said that they would be here tomorrow. If they get here , Who wants me to bring theirs to the GS nationals??? I will be there Friday!! Mike
Mike, you can bring mine. I'll call you Friday, meet you at the track. Thanks, Phil.