Danny-Bee Belt Drives / Anyone Intrested??

Hey Mike, I just talked with Greg (fxdxlr8 ) and if need be to get the count up, both he and I will commit for 2 belt drive set ups each. We both have 2 stage motors that we can equip. Let me know if you need Greg to post this directly. I would cover for him in any event.

How are we doing as far as head count so far. I noticed that Phil (pdzz) was interested but no definative commitment on the board yet.

George

I talked to Mike yesterday, we both agreed, that the goal I'm trying to reach this would be hard to justify. I studied the set-up on Kenny's spare engine in Bowling Green, they are amazing! Maybe sometime in the future... I hope so! Mike is a great guy to deal with, answers all questions, very patient with us stage newbies!! :biggrin: Phil.

Reminds me of a story I heard of an old farmer back in the horse and wagon era.

As the story goes, an old experienced farmer with a full wagonload of his prize oats and his team of horses were clip clopping along the road on their way to market.

Around a bend, the farmer noticed a young rookie farmer that he had only ever seen once before. In an attempt to be neighbourly, he stopped to talk with the young fella.

During the ensuing discussion, the young farmer asked the old boy how much he was expecting to get for the full load of his prize oats. The farmer replied, I expect to get $1100. for the load.

The young farmer, raising his eyebrows, said "that's a lot of money for oats isn't it"

The old boy kinda hesitated for a moment, then looked at, and nodded to the swishing tails of his team of horses and said to the young farmer, " well young man, good quality oats comes at a fair price, if you want oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a little cheaper. ;)

i know 1100 might sound high for a timing cover. BUT this setup really solves a major problem that a serious buick v6 has in the timing chain breakage. As mike said there are some other things that also need to be done like water pump and distributor relocation. I was one of the first guys to go with this setup lately and I have been very pleased with what I got from Mike. In my opinion 1100 dollars plus the water pump and distributor is alot cheaper than fixing all the broken parts when the chain breaks. It will break, its just a matter of time!

Dave Fiscus

That is experience talking! Another benefit nobody has mentioned is the ability to quickly adjust the cam timing. Nice post, Natalie, errr.... Dave. How did you ever get to 100 posts :p

I may be interested depending on the time frame involved to get these made.
I see the thread started in 2007!

That is because we have people that may be intrested!! We need a few more people that WANT ONE!! and want it NOW!! A few more committed people and I will get things in motion. I may want one is totally useless!! Mike:cool:

Mike, this is a fresh thread started after Reynolds last month. We just hitch hiked on the old one from 2007. Check out Mike Booher's post #4 on this thread.

George

Ok here is the list as I see it so far!!!

1 George (oldtimer) - 1 or possibly 2

2 Willard Brown - 1

3 Friend in Edmonton - 1

4 FXDXLR8 - 1 or possibly 2

5 Booher - 1 or possibly 2

I will get in touch with Danny-bee and get more details. But we still dont have enough to actually get it started. Mike:cool:

Mike, have you spoken to Bobby@RPE, Dan Strezo, or Kenny Duttweiler? I would think they might be interested in some.

Mike, have you spoken to Bobby@RPE, Dan Strezo, or Kenny Duttweiler? I would think they might be interested in some.

I have had long winded conversations with Bobby and Kenny this week and I just called Dan. Basically none want to purchase one unless it is already sold. Bobby will actually be installing a few of the ones already spoken for on here. They are all aware of this situation and we might get one of them to commit , but not at this time.

Mike:cool:

I just got off the phone with Danny-Bee. I assume that things are a bit slow there because he was happy to hear from me and very intrested in doing some belt drives for us. He is going to call Duttweiller and a few other engine builders to see if anyone else wants to have a few made. That would help with the cost of our units as the more they build the cheaper they will be. He wants me to call him back next week and make sure he started the ball rolling and update me on what is happening. He claimed that he could have them built and shipped sometime in January:eek: I would take that with a grain of salt cause I know how he goes!!! Anyway theres your update!! Mike:cool:

If you know anyone that maybe intrested in one give them a heads up!! I will probably get a few extras , but they will be sold in the order they are put on the list!! If stragglers come calling after there gone it may be quite a wait for them!!

I just got off the phone with Danny-Bee. I assume that things are a bit slow there because he was happy to hear from me and very intrested in doing some belt drives for us. He is going to call Duttweiller and a few other engine builders to see if anyone else wants to have a few made. That would help with the cost of our units as the more they build the cheaper they will be. He wants me to call him back next week and make sure he started the ball rolling and update me on what is happening. He claimed that he could have them built and shipped sometime in January:eek: I would take that with a grain of salt cause I know how he goes!!! Anyway theres your update!! Mike:cool:

If you know anyone that maybe intrested in one give them a heads up!! I will probably get a few extras , but they will be sold in the order they are put on the list!! If stragglers come calling after there gone it may be quite a wait for them!!

Hey Mike,

Thanks for all of work and effort you have put in on our behalf. Much appreciated.:smile:

George

Thanks guys!! When we get a price and actually place an order , I can let the ones I have here now go to Whoever absolutly needs one NOW!! Bobby told me somebodys motor was basically waiting on the belt drive. I would be happy to give mine up as long as I know they are going to be replaced!! Mike:cool:

Bobby told me somebodys motor was basically waiting on the belt drive. I would be happy to give mine up as long as I know they are going to be replaced!! Mike

Mike, I believe that's my motor that Bobby is referring to.:D

George

mike,

i would like to get one...but...i have to figure out the rest of building an ohc 350 beforehand. at least i know this cost of the project. i will keep in touch.

thanks
john