Damn...need a new TV. What to get

I'm getting to be in the same boat...we have two old CRT style TV's that are getting old (I keep hearing the "can't beat the CRT picture quality" from some) and with black Friday 2 days away, I'm contemplating standing in line at 4 am when the doors open to save $200 on a 40" model that typically retails at $699.....it's a Sharp 1080 p but I'm thinking it's 60hz...can't seem to find any info that tells me that....it's a model LC40D68UT.

Walmart for Vizio 47" for a cheap replacement. I like my 47", and I also like my little vizio 37" too. Pretty hard to beat for the price and you can take it home that day without having to pay for shipping and waiting when buying online.

Walmart for Vizio 47" for a cheap replacement. I like my 47", and I also like my little vizio 37" too. Pretty hard to beat for the price and you can take it home that day without having to pay for shipping and waiting when buying online.

saw these 47" yesterday at Walmart for $698.

Hard to believe but the Vizio's are actually rated fairly high. I put two of them in the WI farm house (32 and 27), but for "my" home, I'm a die hard Sony Bravia guy (46 and a 32).

I'm thinking about getting this one. I'm not sure about DLP technology but it is a great price for a huge tv. also it is 1080p and 120 htz. 60" shipped free.
Amazon.com: Mitsubishi WD-60638 60-Inch 1080p 3D-Ready DLP HDTV: Electronics

I have a 56" DLP also, but a samsung. I think you would be impressed with the performance of this tv, especially for the money.

There are drawbacks however, dlp projection type tv's have a high rate of problems because of the moving parts like the color wheel. Another issue is the bulb, you have to replace it every 2-3 years, check how much they are, mine is around 100.00.

Another issue to consider is the bulb does not wear well if it gets turned on and off too much, definitely shortens it's life.

They are cheaper today because in reality they are yesterdays technology, but depending how you use it, could be a great deal.

I was going to buy a 55" LG LED some time ago, but there was a manufacturing problem with supplies. LG has been around since the early 1950's, but their appliances when they hit the US were just known as Goldstar, now LG, which stands for Lucky Goldstar. Nothing wrong with their equipment.
I got an excellent deal about 1 year ago on a Panasonic 58" Plasma and have been very happy. As previously mentioned, Panasonic uses much of the Pioneer technology, and they were rock solid.
I have used at work NEC and Pioneer exclusively, and after 7 years of over 40 hour per week use only had one failure with over 40 displays, and these were all Plasma displays.