D5 convertor

Right now I'm looking for a spare BRF trans, The turn around time on the trans is 2 1/2 weeks min :( that's to long for me to loss my second car. With a spare trans I can turn it in first ;)

Hey Jim,

How much do they want for the D5 TC? I've looked high and low and I can't find one round here. :(

My N/A Regal comes with an L7 TC.....

I think that it was $265 exchange & $295 out right.
Give them a call on monday, it's toll free

Southeast Turbo Performance, Inc.
4494 Acworth Industrial Dr.Suite 98
Acworth, Georgia 30101

Business hours: Mon.-Fri. 9-4 PM EST

Phone: 1-866-SE-Turbo (738-8726)

I just remember something about brake stall. It all depends upon what boost you are checking it at. Because of this, I think most people agreed that it should be checked at 0 psi.

I checked mine today. At 0 psi i'm at 1975 rpm on the scan tool. This is the '83 TR with a stock convertor (I presume).

I think something's fishy with mine. The trans has recently been rebuilt w/a mean shift kit. It seams as if my D5 may have gotten swiped by the traney guy when the previous owner had it rebuilt. @ spool up I am @ 1200 RPM's per my monster tach. I can only hold it to 1400-1500 @ 0 psi boost.
grrrrr....Turbo-Rich can get 2 psi of boost @ launch.

Hummmmm, so now the question is...:confused:
go with a stock D5, or go for one with a higher stall??

Whatch guys think?

Sounds like womeone put in a nonturbo TC :mad:
When I got the BRF trans I got the D5 TC aswell.
I'm going to stick to the stock for now and see how it runs then go for more mods after that.
You at least need a D5...I think SETurbo has them for less than I quoted earlier...That 3000 stall still sounds good thou :D
Jim