Custom Turbo location

if this is a joke its pretty hilarious.:biggrin: cuz there aint nothin ta look at

At least something to look at......

Here is our version of a custom turbo location! :)

More to come next month when completed. Too hot to race here in July and August, so we go inside to "play". :cool:

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,105
never understood why people dont turn the turbos like that, then theres no problems with IAC or getting the downpipe turned back. I had my S475 on my LS2 just like that and it worked awesome, so there should be enough room with the V6 to do it easy enough

never understood why people dont turn the turbos like that, then theres no problems with IAC or getting the downpipe turned back...........

To me seemed like a no-brainer for a race car! :)

Of course no 90 deg. bend on the DP, air intake not in the way of lots of stuff when run across the front of the engine, instead of directly to where the inner headlight was for direct air intake, and maybe a little "ram air effect" at 140+ MPH?

We also fabricated a bracket that bolts to the pass head for support of the turbo to prevent header cracking due to the heavy outboard weight.

Another "trick" thing we were able to accomplish was to replace the turbo outlet hose and the throttle body hose with V-band clamps. Looks great, and NO chance of a hose blowing off under high boost.

Working on the firewall next to completely seal it, and clean up the looks of it.

Here is what me and my buddy are working on....room for a 4" DP with all AC stuff intact!!
DSCN0312.jpg

Here is what me and my buddy are working on....room for a 4" DP with all AC stuff intact!!

Cool thinking out side the box to keep the factory AC. :)

We are looking to do Pro Street GN for a customer, but removing all the factory AC and heater stuff, and replacing it with an under-dash Vintage Air system and a custom compressor bracket.

Whosever picture that is at the bottom of the page with the the three gorgeous glassed out GN's in the garage...I just want to tell you that I really hate you and that I hope your state makes a law that enables you to not drive neither for at least a week. Nyyyaaahhhhh...lol