Custom made 4 gauge holder, over radio

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
About 8 months ago i decided to design an over the radio aluminum 4 gauge holder based on an old design i had seen.
I designed it from scratch.
The holes were angled so the gauges aim right at the driver for good visibility.
I brought my design to a company in Fall river MA and had them make the holders.
They then went off to Middleboro MA where they were tig welded then off to Freetown MA where they were painted and finally to Providence RI to be upholstered.
These holders are for a 2 1/16 gauge or possibly a 2 1/8 gauge. I have not test fitted the 2 1/8.
Besides a few flaws in the paint they came out really good.
They are easily mounted with some Velcro and they are light weight.
You will just have to find your own way of securing the gauges in the holder.

There was allot of time and money put into this and i feel i have made a good product for the TR community.
They were all upholstered with the GN grey. If they all sell and i have to make another batch then i will consider upholstering with other colors.

I am asking $135.00 shipped.
22 of these were made

I will accept Paypal ndasilva@comcast.net or money orders.
Thank You

View attachment 150107View attachment 150108View attachment 150109View attachment 150110View attachment 150111

My car has a blue interior, but that upholstery could be dyed......HMMMMMMM.

Easily disguised with a "friends" sweater or something.

Now for the wiring and boost hose.......

Thinking.......

The wires and vacuum line will run in the space between the dash surround and the radio surround and through a hole on the side of the gauge holder.

D

View attachment 150190View attachment 150191

If you make another batch, consider having a version with a scanmaster spot built in. Thats what we did on my Stealth, we built a panel out of some thin MDF with some smoked plexiglas laminated to it.

Does the front part bolt in?

Bob

If you make another batch, consider having a version with a scanmaster spot built in. Thats what we did on my Stealth, we built a panel out of some thin MDF with some smoked plexiglas laminated to it.

Does the front part bolt in?

Bob

I had one of the original steel / vinyl 4 gauge holders in my old car, I liked it a lot. Some gauges are deeper than others, I had to 'fiddle' with the lamps on one or 2 of them.

Bob

If you are referring to the front panel with the holes it is not bolted on. It is riveted to the sides and tig welded on the bottom inside for stability.

Once these sell i have no problem redesigning it for use with a scan master.

D

I had one of the original steel / vinyl 4 gauge holders in my old car, I liked it a lot. Some gauges are deeper than others, I had to 'fiddle' with the lamps on one or 2 of them.

Bob

Evil has made an arragement with TurboBuick.com so this thread is okay!

Here are some fresh pictures.

D
gauge c copy.jpggauge d copy.jpggauge e copy.jpggauge i copy.jpggauge h copy.jpg

Got mine in the mail the other day. It is a very nice piece, and I have no complaints about it. I can't wait to get the car running again and install my gauges in it.