Cruise diagnosis, GM repair manual confusion.

disco stu

The first step in the diagnosis chart is to check viltage between pins B and J on the cruise module connector, disconnected. It should read ign voltage. It doesn't. It says follow repair action Q. But the probem is there is no action Q, just A through K. :mad:

So what now?

Fuses are good before anyone mentions that.

Another thing, wipers are inop. Connection looks good. Probably too much of a coincidence and is likely the problem. I hope not. I doubt fishing that wiring through the column is possible without tearing it down.

Pages must be missing, or misprinted. But one side of the page is 36, the other side is 40. :confused:

Hi,
I hate to not finish the diagnosis before I pronounce a verdict. However,I can tell you from experience that the fault with your cruise is either the switch or the the module. I think it is the switch. Occasionally,a module fails, but usually, it is the switch.

Yep, looks like my set/coast button is the culprit.

Checked on stalks. $186 from GM. :eek: $6 from Oreillys? :eek: Both prices scare me. But dude at oreillys said the pic looked like a turn signal stalk with cruise. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Yep, looks like my set/coast button is the culprit.

Checked on stalks. $186 from GM. :eek: $6 from Oreillys? :eek: Both prices scare me. But dude at oreillys said the pic looked like a turn signal stalk with cruise. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Also, be wary of "intermittent wipers" spec'd or no for $6...

Hi,
The last job I did, the OReilly's part worked fine. It's made in Tiawan,but that is much better than Mainland China. Good luck with your repair.

Yeah, I was wary of that so I checked it on their website. He priced me a non cruise part, even though I told him cruise. Goddamn parts counter dorks. If you don't do their job for them you can count on getting the wrong parts.

Hi,
Yeah,parts people don't know anything past their computer screen, sometimes. I deal usually with the commercial guys,and they are much more astute. Once again,hope this fixes it.

Have you checked the brake pedal switch? Make sure it's set right.

Also verify that the contact in the brake pedal switch is closed? Sometimes they need to be cleaned to work again.

GL

Yeah, all tests passed except the one for the pins L and J which indicates that the set/decel button is sending a signal when It's not activated.