Cruise control issues

dragrazor

I am trying to fix my cruise control issues and using the vortexbuick site for help. If i am reading it correctly, the first step is to see if i have power on terminals B&J at the cruise control module harness. I am using a regular test light and i am not getting power at those terminals. If i am reading that correctly, it says to perform repair action Q. I cant find where repair action Q is. Am i doing this correctly?

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/cruise_control_trouble_shooting.htm

Does anybody have the link to the cruise control section on gnttype.org? i cant seem to find it. Maybe that will help me.

There are 2 switches on the brake pedal arm. One is brake lights and other is for cruise. The one with the hose on it is for cruise. Make sure its switch is being compressed when the pedal is in up position.

Rick

Rick, thank you. I recently switched over to vacuum brakes so that was one of the first things i checked. My cruise light is not coming on and the cruise does not work at all though i seems i am getting power in all the right places.

Pull the switch and check contacts with dvm.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

^^^I pulled the switch and it does what it is supposed to do i think. It sends power through the purple when the pedal is pressed. The stalk is working because i checked the wires and the power turns on or off when its supposed to when i hit a switch or button at the stalk. I also hear a click at the servo. The only thing is i dont get power at certain places at the harness that connects to the cc module. I checked it according to vortexbuick.

If that has to do with the tranny going down a gear when i hit the brake, its not doing that, but i am not getting a trouble code either.

I got it working but the cruise light does not come on. It used to.