Cruise Control Wiring?

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Ok guys bear with me here,

I bought my car 8 years ago from an owner who used to show the car, it had the Cruise control removed. When I say removed I mean that all the wiring and the cruise control assembly was removed under the hood. I have the cruise control stuff that the old owner gave to me, I just dont have a clue where the wiring is? I have removed the stock harness and when I pulled it apart I found several cut wires that went to nothing, were these it? My brother has a 88' Monte SS and his car has the CC harness coming through the firewall and it plugs in under the dash. I dont really care about where the stock wires are as much as wiring the new one? I dont have the dealer service manual with me so I cant see the schematics. I need to find the plug coming from the CC lever on the column and know what the pins do, and run it to the cruise module under the hood through my new custom engine harness. From what I understand the cruise does not use anything from the ECM, just the speed sensor and brake inputs?

Thank You, Dan

The cruise stalk plugs into a 4 pin connector at the base of the steering column that goes to the cruise module box via that funky looking flat connector so it can slide down the steering column, that 4 pin connector also supplies power to the stalk via the cruise fuse on the pink/blk wire.

The module also has wiring from the electrical portion of the cruise release brake switch.

And the module also has wiring to the cruise lamp which gets power from the gages fuse and the module grounds the other side to light it.

Out of the module is a dedicated ground, and 5 wires that go to a connector C372 which goes out directly to the servo.

According to the manual there is a rubber boot just below the brake pedal that this harness to the servo goes through. The connector is near that point to the right of the fuse panel.

I suggest purchasing the manual $$$, or CD ROM and printing out the 5 or so pages you will need to duplicate all this.

Yeah I already have 2 original dealer service manuals, I just dont have them with me. I will have to check the fire wall lower down since this is where the monte was as well.

,Dan