credit card fraud alert

nwarky

I was contacted by the fraud alert folks from my credit card company informing me that someone was using my card in the wee hours of Monday morning. It was used in Bowling Green at the Speedway, Wal mart and Sam's club. I was in BG at the Nationals so someone has sat on my card info for three weeks before trying it out. While in BG I used the card at the University Plaza Hotel, Lone Star Restaurant, the Chevron next to the Motel 6 and at Mariah's Restaurant. Just thought I would try to put out the info for any Buick brothers or sisters who might also be a target from using their card while in BG a few weeks back. BTW, the card never left my wallet so you might want to double check.

Dean Papageorge

I was contacted by the fraud alert folks from my credit card company informing me that someone was using my card in the wee hours of Monday morning. It was used in Bowling Green at the Speedway, Wal mart and Sam's club. I was in BG at the Nationals so someone has sat on my card info for three weeks before trying it out. While in BG I used the card at the University Plaza Hotel, Lone Star Restaurant, the Chevron next to the Motel 6 and at Mariah's Restaurant. Just thought I would try to put out the info for any Buick brothers or sisters who might also be a target from using their card while in BG a few weeks back. BTW, the card never left my wallet so you might want to double check.

Dean Papageorge

Sorry to hear that Dean,

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on my statements.

Ty

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/287539-whoever-stayed-holiday-inn-bowling-green.html

My card got skimmed in BG. I used the card ONLY at 2 places and have a good idea where it happened. I am a LEO and know about skimming. I contacted BG PD as a courtesy but they never called me back.

My CC company contacted me last week that they detected fraudulent activity on the card in Austin, TX. I advised the CC company my profession and they told that the card was swiped at the merchants. This leads me to believe that the card was skimmed. Skimming is using a card reader to read the magnetic strip on the back. Once this info is read, then a fraudulent card is made using the info skimmed.

Please contact me via PM or e-mail as I want to get to the bottom of this.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Skimming is using a card reader to read the magnetic strip on the back. Once this info is read, then a fraudulent card is made using the info skimmed.

Exactly. Then the bastards take another credit card and glue the new strip to it. I work in retail and have seen this BS multiple times. If you look at the receipt the # wont match the # on the card. I caught one a couple years ago by checking receipts on suspicion. Lol. They were trying to come through the line with 3 cases of beer, infant formula, and they wanted 3 cartons of cigs. About $300 worth of nothing but suspicious itmes. Sure enough the #'s didnt match. Nice f'in try crackheads.