Crazy lines you hear from people at car shows

just another V8 story for you guys...
I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine about motor cycles (bikes),
we were talking about all the bikes that are out there. he was telling me how he wants to get one but isnt sure what to get. so there we are talking when another (new) co-woker jumps in into are conversation. He says, : i dont know anything about bikes, but i can give you any advice in cars. thats my cup of coffee". so i ask him, what type of car he has. He starts telling me he has a 96 cadillac de'ville or something like that. and how and his boys have a car club, and blah blah blah. so he ask me what i had. I told him i had an 87 Buick Regal Limited Turbo. He is like wow, thos are nice cars. i said thanks.. he ask if i wanted to sell it, i responded with a "never". then he said if i would sell him the car he would pull out the V6 Turbo out and but a 350 Carb motor in it, and ut some 24 on the car. i was like oh brother,, this guy doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.. he said he has a 350 in his garage that has been bored 60 over. and has this big cam, an has an edelbrock intake and carb. i try hard not to laught. but i said thats cool.. but i simply told him i keep the V6 Turbo in it, because its good on gas miliage. if not i would also put a 350 thats been cut 60 over...lol..lol..lol...lol..lol..lol..lol..lol..lol.. you have to love the stories that other people tell you sometimes...lol.... :D :biggrin:

I love guys like that, I just act naive and ask more questions. I found out I worked with a 21 year old guy that found a 1970 Hemi Cuda (with the ultra rare 454) tha found it in a barn at an old lady's house, the lady's son died in Vietnam and it had been in there since, LOL. It was hard to keep a straight face with that guy. Same guy was running 30#'s of boost in his supercharged Tacoma truck. :biggrin:

Most people that saw or heard this truck I used to own didn't believe it had a V8 in it.

p01.jpg

p09.jpg

Then they'd try arguing with me with "there's no way it has a V8 in it." or "those trucks didn't come with V8's in them".

True they never came with them but that doesn't mean you can't get one in there. Pop the hood you might be surprised...

p103.jpg

Most people that saw or heard this truck I used to own didn't believe it had a V8 in it.

p01.jpg

p09.jpg

Then they'd try arguing with me with "there's no way it has a V8 in it." or "those trucks didn't come with V8's in them".

True they never came with them but that doesn't mean you can't get one in there. Pop the hood you might be surprised...

p103.jpg

Nice Syclone, I've never seen a Syclone with the V8 option. :rolleyes:

Nice Syclone, I've never seen a Syclone with the V8 option. :rolleyes:

Yeah...and I never saw one with a 650 Holley carb and yet a turbocharger mounted on the fire wall just behind the coolant catch can. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I also never saw a Syclone that was a stripped down model that weighed in at 2700 lbs without driver. :eek:

Forget about the monte comparison, having an 86-87 turbo regal that is not a Grand National = you ain't got sh*t. You car is fast, but its not a Grand National..I've gotta own one just to see what its like...I've had three 87 T cars, and one 84 T....

The new one I hear regularly is the GNX line

I think that people think that any turbo buick is a GNX. I have numerous times heard people say something like "Oh dude this is a GNX!"

I think the popularity of GNXs in video games has made them the only recognizable buick for the video game generation. Theres no Grand National or T type in any video games out there that I know of. Thus any regal with a turbo engine is now a GNX

I'm not as polite as you guys. If someone tells me something dumb I call them on it and hit them with so many facts they really just look at me like a deer in the headlights. Generally my goal is to make them feel as dumb as they sound to me. I'm usually pretty successful.
A lot of times I'll chuckle when they say something preposterous like they are a kid that doesn't know any better.

Not at a car show but.....

I was at a friend's party the other day and we were talking about my car. He said his cousin or uncle or....somebody used to own a GNX. "That thing was sick" he said. "It had the twin turbo". :eek:
I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. It made me think of this post. I dunno where people are getting this "twin turbo" GNX nonsense from but there seems to be plenty of it to go around.

I decided not to correct him.

I was at Cecil County last Friday night and had some young kid ask me if my car was ProCharged...:confused: His buddy with him said it was turbo'd and made him look pretty stupid. Then later on this blonde girl said I had a nice Monte Carlo. I was too distracted looking at her a$$ to care... but I corrected her politely and she was very apolgetic. She said she didnt know American cars, and that she liked imports...:rolleyes: The one announcer there was cool. On my last pass I could heat him say stuff about the car even with my helmet on and over the open exhaust. Too bad my car wasnt running as well as it usually does. Track prep wasnt great at all.

My list goes on and on.

After i got the car back the other day from the impound yard took it right to storage unit manager their was like whats so special about a Monte Carlo i was so mad that the car was stolen that i didnt even correct him

One of our salesmen at Toyota told me today, "I got a Scion TC here with a supercharger that would eat up that Monte". I told him "Cool, whose Monte?"
He said "your black one".
Me "I don't have one".
Him "You sold it?"
Me "Never had one."
Him "What do you drive every Friday?"
Me "A Grand National...by BUICK!!!"
All the other employees laughed at him. Even the saleswomen know what I drive and they all got rides. :cool:

This guy constantly opens his mouth before he has any clue as to what he is talking about.

YEA. lol.... Ya shoulda told him to bring that thing out here then, and we'll race for a grand. Flat out.

As far as people knowing what Turbo Regals are, there are allot of the younger ricer crowd around here. I was really surprised when about half of them know about the Buick Turbo cars, of course I still get "that turbo is fricken huge, that can't be stock".... :confused:

As far as people knowing what Turbo Regals are, there are allot of the younger ricer crowd around here. I was really surprised when about half of them know about the Buick Turbo cars, of course I still get "that turbo is fricken huge, that can't be stock".... :confused:

Yeah Fayettenam is littered with rice burners, most of them have nothing more than an APC fart can and big rims and some sort of makeshift stereo.....then you have the Camaro and Mustang crowd....you ever take your car to Hope Mills Rd Sonic on Fridays? Man I miss going there and hanging out with the muscle car crowd. :cool:

AHHH. IIIII get it now. fayetnamm... "seconds from death".... benoitthegr8 is a paratrooper... im guessing at bragg.

Good ole Fayettnam!!

Yeah Fayettenam is littered with rice burners, most of them have nothing more than an APC fart can and big rims and some sort of makeshift stereo.....then you have the Camaro and Mustang crowd....you ever take your car to Hope Mills Rd Sonic on Fridays? Man I miss going there and hanging out with the muscle car crowd. :cool:

When I was stationed there in 1996-1999 we used to hang out at the parking lot on Raeford Rd. It was a Heileg Meyers furniture store back then. Bunch of mustangs and camaros. One night someone came by and threw a smoke grenade at us....he was driving an S-10. Needless to say he got his butt whipped and arrested and charged with theft of the pyro. Good times!!:D

This thread brings up lots of bad memories. I don't even want to think of the stupid garbage I've heard people say. It wouldn't bother me so bad if they weren't 100% sure of their INCORRECT information and if they could deal with being politely corrected. But people would rather argue with you about the car that you yourself own.

I had a guy tell me that he used to own a 4 cylinder GN that ran 10s. This was after I smoked his 5.0 POS. :rolleyes:

This one isn't about GN's but it is funny. A couple "brothas" walked up to a really nice 71ish Pontiac Lemans and here is the hilarity that followed:

Dude 1: "Damn ***** is dat a Chevelle?"
Dude 2: "Yeah *****, that $h1t would look tyte on some 20" dubs too..."

lmfao

When I was stationed there in 1996-1999 we used to hang out at the parking lot on Raeford Rd. It was a Heileg Meyers furniture store back then. Bunch of mustangs and camaros. One night someone came by and threw a smoke grenade at us....he was driving an S-10. Needless to say he got his butt whipped and arrested and charged with theft of the pyro. Good times!!:D

Damn that's nuts. The only Raeford Rd parking lot I knew of was right there where Advance Auto is and there's a Block Buster there too I think...across from the Mc Donalds and the Alltel building.

Used to come up past that way after the Hope Mills shows and always saw Camaros and Mustangs out there, and on one occasion a V8 Vega.

One kid told me he had a twin turbo GN (that was gold) that did a big enough wheelie in a parking lot to scrape the bumper. He also said this car went 9s with a stock bottom end (this was well before TSM cars are as fast as they are now) and that it had 4.10 gears. :rolleyes:

Just recently I was at the track and got to hear about a "V8 option twin turbo GN" that the guy "didn't know how many they built, but they were rare".

Test and tune nights are always painful when you're racing a TR.