Crazy Exhaust idea-will it work?

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
O.K. here it is - I'd like to run a single 3" pipe from the down pipe to just before the back edge of the passenger side door. Then install a 45 degree mandrell bent elbow, capped with a single Supertrap muffler. Using a 3" intake opening and a 5" exit opening. Kind of like the NASCARS use if you know what I mean, an exhaust exit right in front of the passenger rear tire. O.K. now tell me how crazy I am! - BB:p

Yeah you could do that. Personally I think it would look kinda goofy. Would you run into clearance problems with a 5" exhaust tip hanging out under the passenger door?

I'd do a Terry Houston 3" DP with a 3" singleshot cat back.

-Banning.

What nationality are you?.:rolleyes:
Just Kidding.

Prolly save some weight, and sound alright, may even add a pony or 2, maybe,,but I kinda like the 2 tips coming out in the usual place

Work with me now!

Don't you remember the NASCAR model you put together when you were a kid? Both the pipes exited under the right door - it looked cool! Stop laughing. Alright, it looks cool to me at least, anyway I doubt if I would lose any ponies on the deal, but I wonder if a gain would be registered? - BB:p

here's my 2 cents. My fdather had a 97 Ford F-150 that had the side exit exhaust, he put on a borla exhaust that exited in the same spot, in fron of the back tire. Looked cool and sounded cool, but after a few months you could see the wheel starting to corode. Exhaust fumes do some crazy sh!t to aluminum wheels. He ended up getting a new one from ford for free

The rear passenger floorpan is really low. I can't see how you'd get the exhaust out there without hanging down too far unless the Borla tip would come out in front of that. Plus it could be a real cop magnet.

ya you can do it....I have a GN with one on it here...its LOUD !!!! Ill try an get some pics....oh its only a small pipe comin out...not a 5"....not my style:rolleyes:

YEAH, US GUYS LIKE LOUD......REALLY LOUD.:cool: BIG BLOCK CHEVY LOUD. WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME HEAVY DRONE !! HELPS WHEN I GOT MY PDIDDY "RAP" CD BOOMIN' OUT MY TRUNK. :p

Re: Work with me now!

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
Don't you remember the NASCAR model you put together when you were a kid? Both the pipes exited under the right door - it looked cool! Stop laughing. Alright, it looks cool to me at least, anyway I doubt if I would lose any ponies on the deal, but I wonder if a gain would be registered? - BB:p

Sure they looked cool. But those were/are a far cry from what you're wanting to do. They used square/flate tubes, NOT a 5" super trap dongle hanging out there. super traps are ugly enough to begin with, let alone the incredible back pressure they produce!

Re: Re: Work with me now!

Originally posted by TurboDave
NOT a 5" super trap dongle hanging out there. super traps are ugly enough to begin with, let alone the incredible back pressure they produce!

I agree, leave the supertrap dongle ( :) ) to the ricers.

Run a 3" dp to a Dynomax ultra flow round muff (3" of course / about 5" total muff diameter and 19" or so long - cheap too, less than $40 in jugs or slummit) in the place where the cat would normally go. Run a single 3" pipe out of the muff to angle over to the pass side in front of the rear tire. Either leave it single 3" out under the door, or have the muff shop make a splitter for dual 3" tips under the door. Guy runs one here locally - very loud.

Years ago(about 1990) ATR sold an exhaust system similar to what you want and of all things it was called the Nascar exhasut. It was a single 3" back to a 3" inlet/ dual 2.5" outlet muffler and the the dual 2.5 tailpipes were turned out in front of the rear wheel. I would avoid the Slo Trapp muffler though! HTH Steve