Crate motors, vendors

TurboSkunk15

My motor is fine but I'm thinking down the line of either a rebuild or a crate motor.

Is there any vendor that sells crate motor long blocks ? I want good drivability and some more power not too crazy but def more power. Trying to get an idea what my costs would be so I have a goal to save for.

Also
I'm in New York and I'm curious if there any builders local to me that are trusted and or a site vendor.
Trying to see what my options and costs will be.

I've read alot of old threads ripping grooms and jasper engines ,
Any information is greatly appreciated thnx

Cottons Performance Jack or Brian Cotton MA
Turbo Buick Performance Dave Husek specializes in transmissions but does engines also....L.I NY

Thnx
Looks like most places you have to supply your motor. Wish there was a reliable place for a crate motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thnx so much
There are a bunch on here. It's your choice, these engines are temperamental and they require that extra attention and expertise on a rebuild so I'd want that special attention to my engine. Any of the vendors mentioned by board members are on point again at the end its your choice.

I would definitely go that route. Plan to make some calls and see where Id be money wise for the future

Im sure you can get a lot more power out of you combo with alky and the proper tune, id go that route first, you will be surprised what a te44 at 27#s can do.

Im sure you can get a lot more power out of you combo with alky and the proper tune, id go that route first, you will be surprised what a te44 at 27#s can do.
Thnx Greg , I'm in no rush just looking into where ill be down the line, the motor runs great but does have 126k on it. I'm hoping to get my scan master in as soon as the weather breaks ill be bothering you im sure. Hope all is well
Thnx for the responses

Thnx Greg , I'm in no rush just looking into where ill be down the line, the motor runs great but does have 126k on it. I'm hoping to get my scan master in as soon as the weather breaks ill be bothering you im sure. Hope all is well
Thnx for the responses
All is good, see you soon...

My motor is fine but I'm thinking down the line of either a rebuild or a crate motor.

Is there any vendor that sells crate motor long blocks ? I want good drivability and some more power not too crazy but def more power. Trying to get an idea what my costs would be so I have a goal to save for.

Also
I'm in New York and I'm curious if there any builders local to me that are trusted and or a site vendor.
Trying to see what my options and costs will be.

I've read alot of old threads ripping grooms and jasper engines ,
Any information is greatly appreciated thnx

Nick Micale @ Arizon GN

Bobby@RPE Machine out of Ct. Bison is a great one as well. But again usually you supply the block. You can always get one from Craigslist or junkyard