Crappy way to start the day Wrecked wife's car

jpratt

So my car had a flat and my truck was parked at my shop so I decided to drive the wife's car this morning. Turning onto the on ramp I hit gravel or cinder laid down for traction and I lost traction. The little car spun around 180* and slid directly under a parked semi. The truck had 3 miles on it and was being transported to the new owner in Kansas somewhere. The impact was very slow maybe 20 MPH but the damage is pretty extensive. No one was hurt so that is good. I bought this for her inn2012 for a Christmas present. Guess I might need to go shopping again.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390583722.430677.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390583739.146792.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390583749.129680.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390583760.162675.jpg

Sorry to see your car beat up. If I may ask a question though since my wife and I love the solstice and I'm 6ft tall would I be uncomfortable on extended drives? We would only get a manual.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Only with the top down. I am 5'10. I had a hard time see the stop light when first in line. Getting in and out if the car when a car was parked next to it was crazy. But when the top is off all that changed and it was easy. Luggage room is not existence.

No air bags deployment. It was actually a very soft impact. I was only skidding around 20MPh my guess. Just hit the fuel tank if the towed truck, which was really high up and it caught the trunk lid.

Those are neat cars, and one of the last Pontiacs made. The reason asked was to determine if it could be salvaged. Might make a cool project for someone. Glad you were not hurt!

I wanted to buy it back. Thought it would be neat to make a track car out of it, but they want 5500 out of now.

I saw a LS-7 swap into one of those in a magazine a while back. Just scary to think about. Wonder if one of our motors would fit?

Replaced her car with a S4 Audi. 2006 Cabriolet with Quattro and the 4.2 V8. Pictures to follow.

Yep, she definitely looks happy now! Good job. Very nice car! My favorite color, too. And looks like your dinners will not be sprinkled with cyanide anymore........glad you survived both the wreck and possible bloodshed with a frying pan.

Bruce '87 Grand National