Cranks no start

1QWIK6

Torque wins
I was driving around the other day, and everything was fine. I went to the entrance ramp to the freeway and applied the gas slowly. Then the car just died (no pop no surge). I coasted over and tried to restart the car. It would crank, but not fire. I got the vehicle towed home.

I run the TurboTweak Speed Density (SD) chip (no MAF). The car runs off the MAP sensor. At home, I did a continuity test on all the MAP wires to their destination. I wiggled the wires and still had continuity.

Fuel pressure is good (40@KO)

All fuses checked ok.

I replaced the crank sensor. No start

I replaced the coil pack. No start.

Plug Wires are ok (via ohm check)

New battery

Please see attached Powerlogger file of crank/no start. Looking for advice.

Attachments

• quicksave.007.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 28
You could go out to your car and try hoping that something changes!:tongue: If that doesn't work though check and see if you have spark. If you don't you could try an ignition module or an ESC module. If you do check and see if your injectors are firing.

Typical failed module scenario.... just dies, especially when warm. Only way to check it is with Caspers tester. Anyone nearby who could loan you a known good one to try?

This was an odd one. I took a look at the cam sensor. The cap looked good. I took the cap off. No cracks and no witness marks in the cap. It turned out to be the cam sensor reluctor ring screw needed a 1/2 turn. Put it back together and it started.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions/help.

Thanks for letting us know what caused it. It's odd that it would just die though because once the injectors have synced up you can unplug the cam sensor and the ECU will just fire them in batch mode. In other words, your car shouldn't have shut off on it's own, it just shouldn't have started after you shut it off. I'm glad you're back on the road though.