Cracked flex plate?

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
Can anyone describe what a cracked flex plate sounds like? I have an engine noise at the top end rpm in each gear.

Suggestions have been: wrist pin, piston slap, collapsed lifter and cracked flex plate. The noise sound too light to be rod or main. Just drove 1600 miles from Florida with this noise and nothing blew up.

Try to get a better handle on what is wrong before I turn it over to a shop.

Phil from Ottawa Canada

Flex plate you can see, take off dust cover if its still there and look at it, turn engine around with a socket.

Flex plate you can see, take off dust cover if its still there and look at it, turn engine around with a socket.

Phil, I'm in Ottawa as well, we can meet up and have a listen and go from there. If worse comes to worse we can bring the car to my buddy's Trans shop, he built my Trans in the GN as well as others let me know.

Jim